Adding text to slides – be careful don’t add to many words to any slide – try and be brief – 5 to 15 words per slide
Locate the toolbar and use E dit to cut and then paste your image or use I nsert to insert image using clipart collection To optimize an image, use the Compress Pictures button and the options it offers.
Opening, viewing, and escaping slide show view. To open slide show view, select the first slide, and then click the Slide Show button. (Or just press F5 to always start on slide 1.) The computer screen here shows slide show view, with the Slide Show toolbar appearing on the lower left. This toolbar has two navigation arrows and two menus. If you don't want to click through all the slides, press ESC to return to your last view in PowerPoint.
In print preview, choose from the types of printouts in the Print What box. Your handout can include up to nine slides per page. The Handouts (6 slides per page) option includes lines for audience notes. A preview of the handout that has three slides per page.
1. Creating a PowerPoint Presentation
2. Begin Here - 5 Steps to Getting Started <ul><li>On your Desktop screen double click and open the - My Documents Folder </li></ul><ul><li>Go to - File </li></ul><ul><li>Then - New </li></ul><ul><li>Then click on - Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation </li></ul><ul><li>Name it - Pick a Person & then double click on it to open it </li></ul>
3. Creating Project Slides <ul><li>Next click where it says – Click on Add First Slide </li></ul><ul><li>2. Then from the toolbar go to Insert or New Slide – click on it 8 more times </li></ul><ul><li>3. Now you should have a total of 9 blank sides created </li></ul><ul><li>4. Go back up to the toolbar & click on File and Save . Remember to Save your work occasionally. </li></ul>
4. From the toolbar, select Insert or click New Slide
5. Remember to save your work!
6. Be careful adding text – use 5 to 15 words per slide
7. Navigation - Click the slide thumbnail
8. To design your slideshow From the toolbar, click on F o rmat, choose slide design
9. Pick an image to copy, then right click on the image and select copy Then go back to your slide Next right click again and select paste <ul><li>Adding pictures from different sources </li></ul>Note: You may also add pictures from Clip Art Go to Insert, select Picture , and then Clip Art
10. From the toolbar, select Slide Show , and View Show
11. Please do not printout your final product. Remember we are conserving paper. Select - Handouts (6 slides per page)
12. Remember to make sure your work is saved in you’re My Document Folder as Pick a Person “ We must use time creatively.” “ Whatever your life's work is, do it well.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote