Screen captures done with Greenshot – free download – I find it much quicker than Prt Screen because easy to select area capturing – you may prefer to use your whiteboard camera tools
Make it real creative exciting When the BBC did a survey of children to see if wanted to have a website to help with school work and home work = not much interest When asked – do you want to learn to be a time-lord, learn to navigate space, solve logic problems to escape the daleks, etc much more enthusiatic
Just paste it in and click submit
Great set of Google docs – teachers collaborating to show different ways they have used a variety of applications in the classroom.
Photos – as we become more familiar with IWB software / videoing software etc – the issue is often finding the right picture – with the right to use it. Flickrcc – searches for pictures where this right has been given as long as the photo is attributed to the photographer
We’re in Brazil
With this photographer – what else can we (the photographer) see?
Now the panoramic views from the same place
Tom Barrett again
Back to words – blogging – being taken up very enthusiastically by more schools now.
Heathfields good example and have used Voicethread to say why they like it so much
Twitter – news Showed this to one teacher – who was off to do the same with MacBeth
Now your turn – register so we can see who you are – or go in anon
1. Using ICT to support Literacy [email_address]
2. Aims <ul><li>Watching the goal-posts move… </li></ul><ul><li>New ICT Opportunities </li></ul><ul><li>Enhancing teaching and learning across the curriculum </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Engagement/motivation </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Problem-solving </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Purpose and audience </li></ul></ul>
3. Greenshot http://greenshot.sourceforge.net/
4. Learn to be a … http://www.wordle.net/create
7. Speaking and Listening <ul><li>Easi-Speak lets you record directly into the microphone </li></ul><ul><li>Playback remotely or download your files straight to your PC through the attached USB </li></ul><ul><li>128MB built in memory that can record up to 4 hours (high quality sound) </li></ul><ul><li>Downloaded files are WAV or MP3 format </li></ul><ul><li>Audacity Music Editing Software is provided as file on the Easi-Speak </li></ul><ul><li>Built in battery charged through USB. </li></ul>
8. http:// flickrcc.bluemountains.net/index.php
15. Photos from Flickrcc <ul><li>Image: ' tim lincecum ' http://www.flickr.com/photos/76016463@N00/2695142242 </li></ul>
20. Problem-solving <ul><li>Under-used aspect of ICT </li></ul><ul><li>Starting with children’s experience </li></ul><ul><li>Everyday world </li></ul>
21. Where in the world are we? <ul><li>Google Earth/maps/satellite images/photos </li></ul><ul><li>http://tbarrett.edublogs.org/2006/10/02/google-earth-where-are-we-today/ </li></ul>
22. 3D ticked Where am I?
23. Being an author…
24. Create an online book <ul><li>Picturebook maker Super action comicmaker Bookr Search for creative commons pictures from Flickr, and use them to create an online book Storybird http:// www.carnegielibrary.org/kids/storymaker / </li></ul>
25. Picturebook maker
26. Super action comicmaker Super action comicmaker