Be clear about where we are heading. What if you could start again? Start your life anew? Do what you’re most passionate about? What if you could have endless energy and vitality? Really make your dreams come true? What are we looking for in life? When we “get there”, when were “successful”, what will it look like? WORKSHEET: Your ‘success photos”
1. • It’s the desire to do things.
• It’s the essential element in
setting and achieving goals.
• We’re not always feeling 100%
• BUT, research shows we can
influence our level of
Our thoughts (both conscious and unconscious) create feelings
which drive our behaviour. To change our behaviour we need to
change our thoughts.
3. And produce outcomes / consequences
Eg. We give up, Withdraw, Get cranky with others
Eg. “It’s too hard”, “I’m not good enough”
Eg. Nervous, Anxious, Lose confidence
Which drive our actions / behaviours
Eg. Procrastinate, Eat comfort food, Get side-tracked ..
4. 1. Notice the body signal
- Where do you feel tight inside?
2. Label the feeling
- “I’m nervous”
3. What’s the thought behind
- “I’m not good enough”
4. Change that thought
- “I am good enough”.
- “I can do this”.
- “It’s okay.”
5. Set the goal and timeframe.
A really big goal gives us
something to aim for
And is much more motivating
than smaller goals.
6. Start with a small and achievable part of the goal.
And keep at it!
Visualise your goal. This imprints it in your
Imagine how it will feel when you achieve
7. Keep a positive attitude.
Recognise your efforts and successes.
Compare yourself with yourself, not others.
8. Remember the journey towards your goal is
also important. Enjoy it!
Today is your life – make it a great day!