2. Created by Judi Gowing, October 2007 http://aceconnections.wikispaces.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/arianfire/ Literacy and Numeracy Students from Community Colleges across NSW have been taking some small steps in their E-Learning Journey following their tutors participation in the ACE Connections Project. Students at three Colleges, spanning vast distances have ventured into the technology wilderness and experienced asynchronous communication via class Wikispaces with fellow students. We are hoping more will follow us……………
3. Created by Judi Gowing, October 2007 http://aceconnections.wikispaces.com /photos/jvisnesky/1048357110/ /photos/esperanzajenn/157743052/ Del.icio.us DiscoverE Flickr Edna Groups Wikispaces Yahoo Messenger Our Journey took us to many unknown spaces! Slide
4. Created by Judi Gowing, October 2007 http://aceconnections.wikispaces.com Reflections on how students have benefited from team members participation in the ACE Connections Project……….. Trying out new technology with students who are lacking in confidence has been amazing. JS Students have become more confident and enthusiastic with IT Skills because I am. RB A great benefit has been having their own Wikispace/Webpage to play with – to publish their writing and communicate with other students. JG Because we have no computer access I haven’t tried new things with my students but I feel a lot more confident. HB Indirectly however, I think my students have benefited from the knowledge and confidence I have gained in using the computer in preparing class worksheets and accessing the materials posted for our use with the new CGEA.. JL My students have benefited from watching me and on occasions helping me solve the problems that will inevitably arise. WR Interaction with other students and tutors has been a definite positive! JG Greater enthusiasm is infectious. JG
5. Created by Judi Gowing, October 2007 http://aceconnections.wikispaces.com for the learners <ul><li>Our class now has a wikispace. As a result learners have </li></ul><ul><li>Gained confidence in using computers </li></ul><ul><li>Practiced reading and writing skills in a new context </li></ul><ul><li>Enjoyed a greater variety in learning activities </li></ul><ul><li>A sense of achievement in seeing their work published </li></ul><ul><li>Developed a social network through links with other </li></ul><ul><li>literacy classes that have wikispaces. </li></ul><ul><li>Jenny Sylvester, SingletonCC </li></ul>
6. Learnscope’ s Impact on Literacy & Numeracy Learners at the Guyra Adult Learning Association Before The Learners @ GALA After now have: more variety! more confidence! more independence!
7. Created by Judi Gowing, October 2007 http://aceconnections.wikispaces.com
8. Future benefits of LearnScope for Helen….. <ul><li>Making contact with other Literacy tutors and giving support to each other. </li></ul><ul><li>Making Literacy learning exciting with the use of modern technology, specifically computers. </li></ul>While I haven’t been able to use the new ideas yet I can see huge potential .
9. My favourite quote The only sustainable value you bring to an organisation is what you show and teach and inspire in other people you work with . Dave Pollard http://blogs.salon.com/0002007 / On our learning journey as teachers and facilitators, we are also learners and experienced first hand the thrills and frustrations of learning. Working with Judi has given me an insight into the possibilities of facilitating learning through web conferencing. She has developed these skills to a high level and her patience and persistence are admirable. After this project I plan to continue to develop my skills in online facilitation and incorporate web conferencing into many projects. Joy Sharpe 2007
10. Created by Judi Gowing, October 2007 http://aceconnections.wikispaces.com View dopiaza's map Taken in (See more photos here ) "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -- Confucius It's an old quote, and often overused, but still a favourite. Life is full of potential journeys that never even get started, let alone completed. We should never forget to take that first, single step. For projectinsight Theme: quote "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -- Confucius Life is full of potential journeys that never even get started, let alone completed. We should never forget to take that first, single step. http://www.flickr.com/groups/projectinsight/