Four Stages of Butterfly Metamorphosis The butterfly and moth develop through a process called metamorphosis. This is a Greek word that means transformation or change in shape.Insects have two common types of metamorphosis. Grasshoppers, crickets, dragonflies, and cockroaches have incomplete metamorphosis. The young (called a nymph) usually look like small adults but without the wings.Butterflies have complete metamorphosis. The young (called a larva instead of a nymph) is very different from the adults. It also usually eats different types of food. There are four stages in the metamorphosis of butterflies and moths: egg, larva, pupa, and adult.
• Egg Stage• Eggs are laid on plants by the adult female butterfly. These plants will then become the food for the hatching caterpillars.• Eggs can be laid from spring, summer or fall. This depends on the species of butterfly. Females lay a lot of eggs at once so that at least some of them survive.• Butterfly eggs can be very small.
• Caterpillar: The Feeding Stage• The next stage is the larva. This is also called a caterpillar if the insect is a butterfly or a moth.• The job of the caterpillar is to eat and eat and eat. As the caterpillar grows it splits its skin and sheds it about 4 or 5 times. Food eaten at this time is stored and used later as an adult.• Caterpillars can grow 100 times their size during this stage. For example, a monarch butterfly egg is the size of a pinhead and the caterpillar that hatches from this tiny egg isnt much bigger. But it will grow up to 2 inches long in several weeks.
• Pupa: The Transition Stage• When the caterpillar is full grown and stops eating, it becomes a pupa. The pupa of butterflies is also called a chrysalis.• Depending on the species, the pupa may be suspended under a branch, hidden in leaves or buried underground. The pupa of many moths is protected inside a coccoon of silk.• This stage can last from a few weeks, a month or even longer. Some species have a pupal stage that lasts for two years.• It may look like nothing is going on but big changes are happening inside. Special cells that were present in the larva are now growing rapidly. They will become the legs, wings, eyes and other parts of the adult butterfly. Many of the original larva cells will provide energy for these growing adult cells.
• Adult: The Reproductive Stage• The adult stage is what most people think of when they think of butterflies. They look very different from the larva. The caterpillar has a few tiny eyes, stubby legs and very short antennae. The adults have long legs, long antennae, and compound eyes. They can also fly by using their large and colorful wings. The one thing they cant do is grow.• The caterpillars job was to eat. The adults job is to mate and lay eggs. Some species of adult butterflies get energy by feeding on nectar from flowers but many species dont feed at all.• Flying comes in handy. The adult female can easily fly from place to place to find the right plant for its eggs. This is important because caterpillars cant travel far. Most adult butterflies live only one or two weeks,
• GEN 2: 8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 The LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.• 15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”• Outer Court =Body. Inner Court = Soul. Holy of Holies = Spirit
I AM THE TEMPLE OF GOD• 1 Cor 3:16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?• 1 Cor 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
We Must Be Born Again!• John 3 :• Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”• Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”• “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”• Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
I’ve Been MADE Alive!!• Ephesians 2:• 1-3 To you, who were spiritually dead all the time that you drifted along on the stream of this world’s ideas of living, and obeyed its unseen ruler (who is still operating in those who do not respond to the truth of God), to you Christ has given life! We all lived like that in the past, and followed the impulses and imaginations of our evil nature, being in fact under the wrath of God by nature, like everyone else.• 4-10 But even though we were dead in our sins God, who is rich in mercy, because of the great love he had for us, gave us life together with Christ—it is, remember, by grace and not by achievement that you are saved—and has lifted us right out of the old life to take our place with him in Christ in the Heavens. Thus he shows for all time the tremendous generosity of the grace and kindness he has expressed towards us in Christ Jesus. It was nothing you could or did achieve—it was God’s gift to you. No one can pride himself upon earning the love of God. The fact is that what we are we owe to the hand of God upon us. We are born afresh in Christ, and born to do those good deeds which God planned for us to do.
• 2 Cor. 5:17• Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a NEW creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.• Kainos = New• 1) of a new kind, unprecedented, novel, uncommon, unheard of!
John 3 : Must be born of Water & Spirit• MUST BE BORN OF WATER (Word) Eph 5 washing with water through the word,• Romans 12• I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.• Transformed = metamorphoō or Metamorphosis• 1) to change into another form, to transform
Must be born of spirit.• 2 Cor 3:18• But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.• To behold: see, observe, view, look at, watch, survey, witness, gaze at/upon, regard, contemplate.
• Galations 2:20• I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Romans 6• 1.What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.• 5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
• English Revised Version knowing this, that our old man was crucified with him, that the body of sin might be done away, that so we should no longer be in bondage to sin;• Websters Bible Translation Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin may be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.• Weymouth New Testament This we know--that our old self was nailed to the cross with Him, in order that our sinful nature might be deprived of its power, so that we should no longer be the slaves of sin;• World English Bible knowing this, that our old man was crucified with him, that the body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be in bondage to sin.