‘’Follow me’’Sermon Presentation byPastor Juanito D. Samillano Jr.
Luke 5; 1-11 KJV• And it came to pass, that, as the people pressedupon him to hear the word of God, he stood bythe lake of Gennesaret, 2 And saw two shipsstanding by the lake: but the fishermen weregone out of them, and were washing their nets.3 And he entered into one of the ships, whichwas Simons, and prayed him that he wouldthrust out a little from the land. And he sat down,and taught the people out of the ship. 4 Nowwhen he had left speaking, he said unto Simon,Launch out into the deep, and let down your netsfor a draught.
• 5 And Simon answering said unto him,Master, we have toiled all the night, and havetaken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I willlet down the net. 6 And when they had thisdone, they in closed a great multitude offishes: and their net brake. 7 And theybeckoned unto their partners, which were inthe other ship, that they should come andhelp them. And they came, and filled both theships, so that they began to sink. 8 WhenSimon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesusknees, saying, Depart from me; for I am asinful man, O Lord.
• 9 For he was astonished, and all that werewith him, at the draught of the fishes whichthey had taken: 10 And so was also James,and John, the sons of Zebedee, which werepartners with Simon. And Jesus said untoSimon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shaltcatch men. 11 And when they had broughttheir ships to land, they forsook all, andfollowed him.
Theme; “Follow me”• Every time you dont follow your innerguidance (God), you feel a loss ofEnergy, a loss of Power, a sense ofSpiritual Deadness.• Shakti Gawain
Aid so that we can followChrist!•Personal Encounterwith Christ!•Personal Experience ofGod’s blessings!•Personal Expressionof Commitment
• V3- Then He got into one of the ships, whichwas Simon’s, and asked him to put out a littlefrom the land. And He sat down and taughtthe multitudes from the boat.• V8- When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down atJesus’ knees, saying, “Depart from me, for Iam a sinful man, O Lord!”Personal Encounter withChrist!
• Acts 8; 34 And the eunuch answeredPhilip, and said, I pray you, of whomspeaks the prophet this? of himself, or ofsome other man? 35 Then Philipopened his mouth, and began at thesame scripture, and preached to himJesus. 36 And as they went on their way,they came to a certain water: and theeunuch said, See, here is water; whatdoes hinder me to be baptized?
Personal Experience of God’sBlessings!• 4 When He had stopped speaking, He said toSimon, “Launch out into the deep and let downyour nets for a catch.”5 But Simon answered andsaid to Him, “Master, we have toiled all nightand caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word Iwill let down the net.” 6 And when they had donethis, they caught a great number of fish, andtheir net was breaking. 7 So they signaledto their partners in the other boat to come and helpthem. And they came and filled both the boats, sothat they began to sink.
• Genesis 12:3 I will bless thosewho bless you, and whoevercurses you I will curse; and allpeoples on earth will be blessedthrough you.“• Genesis 24:35 The LORD hasblessed my master abundantly, andhe has become wealthy. He hasgiven him sheep and cattle, silverand gold, male and female servants,and camels and donkeys.
Personal Expression of commitment• 8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down atJesus’ knees, saying, “Depart from me, for Iam a sinful man, O Lord!” 9 For he and allwho were with him were astonished at thecatch of fish which they had taken; 10 andso also were James and John, the sons ofZebedee, who were partners with Simon.And Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid.From now on you will catch men.” 11 Sowhen they had brought their boats to land,they forsook all and followed Him.
Commitment• the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to acourse of action;• Commitment shown by an action!(perform an action)
• Peter, James andJohn used a ship forfishing. This signifiesthat they have a goodbusiness carrier.• As expression of theircommitment theyleave everything andfollowed Jesus!(Business, big fish,fathers)
• Matthew 26:33 Peter replied,"Even if all fall away on account ofyou, I never will.“• A; He spoke without thinking• B; He wants to put himself abovethe others• The church historian Tertullian,Origen, and Eusebius state thatPeter was said to be crucifiedupside down because he feltunworthy to be crucified in the waythat the Lord Jesus Christ hadbeen.
• Acts 12:2• New InternationalVersion (NIV)• 2 He had James,the brother ofJohn, put to deathwith the sword.
• he was boiled in a hugebasin of boiling oil during awave of persecution inRome. However, he wasmiraculously delivered fromdeath. John was thensentenced to the mines onthe prison island of Patmos.He wrote his prophetic bookof Revelation on Patmos.The apostle John was laterfreed and returned to what isnow modern-day Turkey. Hedied as an old man,