1. Why Should 1-800-Charity Cars Adapt To Mobile Device Usage? <ul><li>Presented By: Theresa Jordan </li></ul>September 26, 2011
2. Mobile Phones And Tablet Usage <ul><li>Vendors shipped 4.8 million tablets in a quarter of a year. </li></ul><ul><li>So far 2011, there is an estimated 300 million new mobile subscribers. </li></ul><ul><li>Over 2 billion people use smart phones to access websites. </li></ul><ul><li>Half a billion people accessed the mobile internet in 2009. </li></ul><ul><li>There was an estimated 5.3 billion mobile subscribers in 2010. </li></ul>
3. Future Usage: Booze & Company did a study and their result say that there will be six billion mobile users by year 2020. The number of people accesing the internet by mobile by year 2020 will be nearly 4.7 billion people. Mobile internet connection is over whelming the phenomenal increase of desktop internet connection.
4. <ul><li>Mobile platforms are now being designed to support multi-source mobile network data for faster and better optimization of the mobile network. </li></ul><ul><li>Billions of users are accesing mobile internet whenever they need it, so designers have to focus and down size thier web pages to fit mobile platforms. </li></ul><ul><li>The greatest impact changes everything and that is users want the most out of their mobile devices. </li></ul>Mobile and Tablet Usage Has Impacted Web Design
5. • Pressures towards adoption of new technologies: The emergence of the mobile internet and the high level of mobile penetration all over the world is creating pressure on government organizations to catch up with the developments in the technology. With the development of 3G mobile network services, the capability of providing services through mobile devices is greatly improved. This development makes the provision of mobile government applications possible and more accessible than using the wired Internet. The evolution of mobile internet technologies, standards and protocols allows faster and more sophisticated (voice and multimedia) application developments (Yu, 2004). • Written By: Mobile Government Lab Time and technology is forever changing and if the Government knows it is time to adapt to new technology you must follow suit; time for Charity Cars to focus and live by “ the ways of the web ” . MGovLab.org Impact on the Government to Adapt
7. Examples Of Websites That Do Not Work Well On Mobile /Tablet To Much Clutter With Content/ Not Enough Advertising Web designer should steer away from to many downloads for this will slow down the user experience.
8. Examples Of Websites That Do Work Well On Mobile/Tablet Mobile Home page Not only is this a great tablet example of a website that work well, but it is considered to be a significant way of getting consumers signatures during process of donations of their vehicles. Make sure users are able to find what they are looking for with ease.
9. 1-800-Charity Cars Lets Come Together And Uplift Humanity