WHAT WE WILL DISCUSS
• Reinforce the usage of Social Media by our
employees and what is expected of them.
• Discuss each platform we use and how we will be
• Reactions to what is posted and how if effects us
as a company
• What the effect of a post means for our customers
• How it projects the mission and goals of the
company and customers
• What is it?
• What does it mean for us?
• What do we do with it?
• What are the consequences/implications?
• Why are we using it?
What is Social Media?
• Twitter – Content in 140 characters or less; can use links; Short
descriptions of what the “Tweet” is about; Links to customers and /or
• Facebook – Allows for descriptive pages and links to website; Collection
of posts for products/events; comments for customers.
• Google+ - Follows along the same as Facebook; allows for Google Ads
to link; another source to gain/provide information for customer.
• HootSuite – Allows for us to monitor and select posts for different SM
outlets; Combines post to be able to send through those outlets
What and Why we are posting
Each one of these subjects projects the overall
mission of the company. What we provide for the
customer are these items to improve on their
brand, their company and ours to create great
relationships. It benefits both when done right!
• Information through articles, research and other
means of intellectual gathering that projects a
certain part of our customers brand.
• Used to bring the customers brand into the market
• Makes our customers brand stand out with strong
facts/examples of how it works for the consumer
• Must have meaning to the customers brand and
how it works in the marketplace
• Only can use 140 characters
• Used to bring a subject/comment to the consumer
• Can be used to solve issues
• Create a buzz about other posts
• Linked to all other social media accounts
• Mainly used like Tweets
• Needs to draw the focus to the consumer/business
we are working for
• Strong content to drive marketplace and brand
• Used to make comments to issue/complaints
Things to remember!!!
• These outlets are for our customers/partners
• Use them to make a „splash‟ in the marketplace
• React to questions/issue that might occur
• USE COMMON SENSE when answering any
issues/questions from consumers/customers
• We as a company want to control what is being said/posted
• Think of the customer before answering for them
• Absolutely no use of foul language
• Respect the consumer/customer in their issues/questions
• All posts should be respectful and business appropriate in
• All articles/blogs will be reviewed before initial posting
• Once again….THINK BEFORE POSTING
• Anyone in violation will be reprimanded
Effect of our actions
• What does the post/tweet/blog mean for the
• Does it make a impact with the marketplace?
• Do we respect the brand/business?
• Is it effective to our goals and mission for the
As a company, we survive due to our hard work, dedication to
our customers and respect for the marketplace. These outlets
allow for us to embrace technology, marketing changes and
influence our customers brands on the market. Without these
steps, it would hinder our efforts to create a partnership with
our customers, therefore creating a bad business philosophy.
Understanding that what goes up effects us all. Please be
respectful to all who may come in contact with these Social
Media platforms and remember who we work for. Our
customers are our keys to success, and these tools are one
way we can achieve our goals.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.