SlideShare for iOS
by Linkedin Corporation
FREE - On the App Store
What you will learn from this book ...
What you will learn from this book
• Set up a working installation of Edge Inspect and get started with testing on multiple mobile devices
• Wirelessly pair and connect multiple mobile devices with your computer. Take control of all your devices right from your computer.
• Browse in sync with your computer. Open your web application in your computer and preview the same page in all connected devices simultaneously.
• Create your own simple mobile web application and then test it across multiple devices using Edge Inspect.
• Test pages running from your local HTTP server or localhost on your mobile devices.
• Use your own Weinre server with Edge Inspect and make the testing process even faster.
• Take screenshots of web pages running in all mobile devices and share them with your clients.
• Test pages with authentication and login pages that need you to accept SSL certificates.
Mobile web testing is currently a really time consuming and cumbersome process as there are no direct debugging tools available with mobile web browsers. Since mobile devices vary so much it is important to ensure that your web page looks as intended across the multiple mobile devices that you are targeting for your audience. Edge Inspect is a perfect tool for web developers and designers who are developing for mobile devices, allowing them to simultaneously test on numerous devices in real time as they develop without learning anything new.
"Instant Adobe Edge Inspect Starter" is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of detailed steps, which will help you to get started on testing and previewing all your mobile web projects on multiple mobile devices. This book will also show you how to use all the other available features of Edge Inspect and make the entire testing process on mobile devices very simple, effortless, and faster.
This book starts with an introduction to Edge Inspect and will take you through a number of clear and detailed steps needed to set up a working installation, and get up and running with testing your web pages on mobile devices.
Who this book is for?