2. HA1 - Technical File – RASTA AND VECTOR IMAGES RASTA IMAGES- a raster graphics image, is a an representing a generally shaped grid of minor pixels and points of colour viewable on sheet via screen etc. Raster images are stored in files with varying formats such as jpeg pdf etc. Raster images is made by digital image capture devices/digital scanners or digital cameras, or by pixel editing programs. Raster images are composed of a matrix grid of digital picture elements. Pixels are squares or rectangles described as black, white, gray or RGB. Raster images typically are saved as TIFF format, but can be saved as EPS as well. Vector images exchange. Vector graphics typically are saved as EPS format. typically are generated using drawing or illustration programs Adobe Illustrator and are composed of mathematically-defined geometric shapes lines objects and fills. Since vectors entail both magnitude and direction vector elements are comprised of line segments whose length represents magnitude and whose orientation in space represents direction Look at the picture difference when in zoom.
3. HA1 - Technical File – JAMEEL SALAH Please use this template for your presentation. Use the slide area to display the text and images you need to fully explain and illustrate each topic. You can change the style, size, position and colour of the text and place images wherever you wish. Just be careful to preview the presentation regularly, so that you can check it is legible. Use as many slides as you need for each topic and remember to cite all sources for text and imagery. When you are up to date with your presentation, upload it to Slide share and then your blog. If you’re stuck, don’t suffer in silence, ask for help.
4. Antialiasing Antialiasing is a technique in computer graphics where you can smooth Images that have unfinished smudges at the end of it image so this software Technique would make the appearance of the image a whole lot better. EXAMPLES:
5. Resolution Resolution image is used for a pixel count in digital imaging. Resolution is a very important In the media industry of photography because What it basically means is of every picture you Have taken it always be measured on length and Height basically the meaning of resolution is Length and height measurements of the image. High resolution Low resolution
6. Aspect ratio: You can easily tell what it means by looking at the word ratio And the topic we are looking at which is images it basically means The size length and width and height of an image the are the Measurements that are looked at through each of the Images. This is an aspect ratio of each sizes of prints and monitors. Basically what aspect ratio is (as i mentioned in the paragraph above) Measurements in and around the photograph.
7. File Formats The different types of file formats In digital printing are... JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PSD, PDF, EPS. The use of JPEG is to create an existing work into one image page The use of TIFF contains layers that can be attached to an image file for Rasta and Vector images and produced into a high quality image. GIF supports images only up to 8 megapixels which allows images reference a palette Up to 256 distinct colors. Basically what PSD is a software that would support images to a high megapixels and Resolution. PDF is a file that you can save any image or work document and then can be reopened Into a software for example illustrator Photoshop. EPS is a file that contains 2d vector graphics , bitmap images and text it also includes Embedded images.
8. Color Models <ul><li>The different types of color models are RGB color and CIE color. </li></ul><ul><li>RGB color – the colors that are included in RGB mode is the colors you can see in the diagram </li></ul>CIE color are the colors you can see in the bottom diagram and the difference between this and RGB is RGB is much brighter than CIE
9. Adobe Photoshop <ul><li>A popular high-end image editor for the Macintosh and Windows from Adobe. The original Mac versions were the first to bring affordable image editing down to the personal computer level in the late 1980s. Since then, Photoshop has become the de facto standard in image editing. Although it contains a large variety of image editing features, one of Photoshop's most powerful capabilities is layers, which allows images to be rearranged under and over each other for placement. Photoshop is designed to read from and convert to a raft of graphics formats, but uses its own native format for layers </li></ul>
10. Adobe illustrator <ul><li>Adobe Illustrator is a vector graphics editor developed and marketed by Adobe symptoms Illustrator is similar in scope, intended market, and functionality to its competitors, Corel draw, Xara designer pro and Macromedia free hand are The latest version, Illustrator CS5, is the fifteenth generation in the product line </li></ul>
11. Adobe in design <ul><li>Adobe InDesign is a software that has been produced by adobe symptoms. It can be used to create works such as posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers and books. InDesign can also publish content suitable for tablet devices in conjunction with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite. Graphic designers and production artists are the principal users, creating and laying out periodical publications, posters, and print media. It also supports export to EPUB and SWF formats to create digital publications, on the other hand it Integrate interactivity, video, and audio for playback on tablets, smart phones, and computers. </li></ul>