Book A Bacteria to Plants Ch. 1 Sec. 1 pgs. 6-14
1. What is an organism?
2. Name six characteristics that all living things share:
3. What is the difference between a multicellular and a unicellar organism?
4. What is the difference between a stimulus and a response?
5. Explain spontaneous generation and the ideas people had about life 400 hundred years ago.
6. Who was Francesco Redi? Explain his famous experiment about spontaneous generation. (use back)
7. Who was Louis Pasteur? Explain his famous experiment that took place in the 1800’s. (use back)
8. The following are the four main needs of living things. Using your book explain why these needs are
essential to life.
Stable internal conditions: