Pragmatic Designer's Guide to Identity on the Web
- 3,213 views
This talk was presented at Webvisions 2010 in Portland, Oregon. ...
This talk was presented at Webvisions 2010 in Portland, Oregon.
When you're designing for the web, you have to think about identity. This includes the nuts and bolts of login fields and passwords, as well as fancy technologies like Facebook Connect, OAuth, and OpenID.
This talk presents a pragmatic approach to identity on the web, focused on best practices and a reality-based understanding of user behavior.
* How users really handle accounts and passwords, and what that means for your site.
* Best practices for login/logout.
* Shared accounts, shared computers, and other messy realities.
* What designers needs to know about OpenID, OAuth, Facebook Connect, and other identity platforms.
* What might happen next: future-proofing your design without a crystal ball.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views