THE CLIENT CODE OF ETHICS
- The Client will not leave a child unattended or unsupervised at any time.
- The Client will not abuse a child in any manner, including but not limited to: Physical Abuse (strike, spank, shake, slap),
Verbal Abuse (humiliate, degrade, threaten), Sexual Abuse (including inappropriate touching) and Mental Abuse.
- Using, processing or being under the influence of illegal drugs is not allowed. A parent must be aware of any environment
in which they take their child and/or leave their child to ensure illegal activity of any kind is not taking place.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages in the presence of foster children is prohibited.
- An individual that has consumed alcoholic beverages and/or smoking may not transport children in care.
- Smoking or use of tobacco products in the presence of children is prohibited.
- Smoking inside the agency home while children are in care is prohibited.
- The Client must equally treat children of all races, religions and cultures with respect and consideration.
- The Client will use positive techniques of guidance, including redirection, anticipation of and elimination of potential
problems, positive reinforcement and encouragement rather than competition, comparison or criticism.
- The Client will abstain from humiliating or frightening discipline techniques.
- The Client will not use profanity in the presence of children.
- Monetary and expensive gifts to agency staff are prohibited.
- While the agency does not discriminate against regarding an individual’s lifestyle, the agency does require that clients
perform their duties as foster parents by complying with the standards of conduct and ethics as provided by the agency.
- The Client must be free of physical and psychological conditions that could adversely affect the children’s health and well
- The Client will portray a positive role model for children, including, but not limited to, maintaining an attitude of
compassion, respect, loyalty, patience, courtesy, tact and maturity.
- The Client will not enter into any financial relationships between persons under the auspices of the agency or clients.
I HAVE READ, REVIEWED, DISCUSSED MY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES REGARDING MY ETHICAL BEHAVIORS.
FURTHERFORE, I UNDERSTAND THAT A VIOLATION OF THESE ETHICS MAY RESULT IN MY TERMINATION AS A
THE CLIENT DATE
THE CLIENT DATE
Latest Revision 06/01/09 Page 1 of 1 file: CPA Policies/Forms/Parent Files/Client Code of Ethics
Latest Revision 06/01/09 Page 2 of 1 file: CPA Policies/Forms/Parent Files/Client Code of Ethics