Do-Now (on your handout)
- What do you know about Ancient Egyptians’ religious beliefs? Make a list!
- What was their main inspiration for their religion? Where did they get the ideas? From nature or from other cultures?
“ Mummies Made in Egypt ” by Aliki 6 th Grade humanities Ancient Egypt Video Lesson II
- Learn how ancient Egyptians made mummies!
- The Role of NATURE in all of this.
Review: Egypt’s Geography
- Fertile land: Nile Valley and river delta
- Rest of the land: hot and sandy deserts
- Nile provides water and fertile farmland
- It inspires innovation, technology and religion
Mummies: what do you know?
- What do you know about mummies? Make a bullet-point list on the left side of the chart.
Mummies: what did you learn?
- Did you learn anything new from the video? Write it down on the right side of the chart.
- Take a few minutes to answer the questions quietly on your own.
- If your reading level is X or above, you cannot choose the first one (“Making Mummies: a Recipe..”) on the list.
- Start brainstorming ideas you have for your assignment.