MOLDING MOLDING PROJECTS ENGINEERING Developed by: Helton Luciano Fogaça Weiss Leonardo Semkiw Jr.
Engineering Projects Flowchart Making of the Foundry Project Making of Tooling (pattern + core box) Pattern Storage General Activities - ACVO´s; - Follow-up of Experiments; - Dimensional Evaluation; - FMEA´s; - Development of new Technology. . - Receiving Tooling; - CDM; -Storage; - Sub-contracted pattern shop; ; - Follow-up of Production. - Riser Calculation; - -Gates Calculation; Stock Allowance and Contraction Calculation; -Core Room Projects; -Solidification Simulation.
People in Charge of Engineering Projects Units
- Felipe Pacheco and John Schultz –
- Under Order Unit and Special Alloys Units
- Fábio Mulhmann – Repetitive Unit
- Elaboration of foundry tooling design for common and special alloys in small,medium and large-scale parts;
- Follow-up of making of tooling;
- Receiving and storing of tooling;
- Maintenace of patterns in use;
- Check list and liberation of tooling for production.
- Software for designing 2D e 3D;
Solidification simulator software, Solidcast; Tools Used
Molding Flowchart - Filling; - Hardening; - Controls. - Mold ejection; - Painting; - Drying; - Core Setting. Pattern Preparation Extraction/ Preparation Closing/ Clamping Cooling Shakeout Pouring -Core Manufacture -Preparation / Painting Mold Manufacturing
Pattern Preparation In this stage the pattern undergoes a check list to be liberated and receives all the identification the part will contain. Pattern: Upper Half Pattern: Upper Half (Prepared)
Pattern Preparation Pattern: Lower Half Core with structural reinforcement
Molding The elements of the foundry design are put in place: gates, funnel, molds, feeders; The box is filled with a mixture of sand and resin. Filling / Compacting Facing with Cromite Sand
Pattern with own frame: Flaskless Mold Pattern plated: Box
- After the resins are hardened, the extraction of the pattern takes place,leaving the mold ready.
Drilling Nylon Slugs
- In some cases nylon slugs are used.
Clamping/Core Setting After drying the paint, the cores are placed;
Taporil Setting and/or Glue
- The molds are cleaned with compressed air;
- Glue and/or Taporil is placed in order to seal the mold;
Closing Box Closing Flaskless Mold Closing
Clamping After closing the molds are clamped to resist the pressure of leaking . Clamp Clamp and Weight Screw Clamps
- After pouring and cooling, the part is removed from the mold and the sand goes on for reclamation or is discarded;
- The part makes its way to the Heat Treatment sector.
Red-hot Shakeout Demolding
- This is an important sector where the cores are made, prepared and painted;
- The cores are also made from a mixture of sand and resin and this gives the form to the part’s cavaties, however complex they might be.
Core Room HV2- Isocure
Shell Core Room
Pepset Core Room
Under Order Core Room
- Resistance to cold tensile;
- Resistance to hot tensile;
Made to Measure Molding Molding Leaders: Carlos A . Bonetti Márcio Theiss
- Cotinuous Mixer : Capacity; 30t/h
- Lump Breaker : Capacity; 10 t/h
- Weight-200 Kg - 8000 Kg ( geometry ) - ideal 450Kg / mold
- minimum - 400 mm x 400 mm x 200 mm
- maximum - to 4000 mm of diameter
- The Made to Measure Molding is also responsible for the preparation of ingots
Molding Carrousel- Repeats Molding Leader: Valdenor Weyers
- Continuous Mixer ; cap. 15 t/h;
- Carrousel with 4 stations / 2 patterns of simultaneous parts;
- Production cap.: 25 molds/hour;
- Mec.System Sand Reclamation allows up to 95% of reclamation.
- Ideal Weight: 50 Kg part/mold;
- Maximum dimensions of flaskless mold: 640x800x340mm
Fast Loop Molding - Repeats Molding Leader: Valdenor Weyers
- Continuous Mixer :cap. 12 t/hour;
- Production cap.: 18t part/day;
- Demolder cap. : 6 t/hour;
- Mechanical System of Sand Reclamation.
- Weight: 40 Kg - 500 Kg - Ideal 200 Kg part/mold ;
- Dimensions of flaskless mold: 1200x1400mm
Shell Molding - Repeats Molding Leader: Nazareno Pedrozo
- Production cap.: 17 molds/hour;
- Weight: 0,5 Kg - 15 Kg - Ideal 8 Kg part/mold
- Plate useful dimensions: 355x482mm
U.L.E. Molding Molding Leader: Marcio Wiggers
- Continuous Mixer with capacity of 1,8 ton/hour;
- Production cap.: 35 molds/day;
- Weight : 1Kg - 250Kg - Ideal 40Kg part/mold
- Plate useful dimensions: 500x500x650mm
COPRAL 2006 Getting to know ALTONA’S processes