3. CAPTIONS1. Credit Photos can be cropped and the colorcan be adjusted. Any adjustments beyondthat would be considered manipulation ofthe photo. If the photo is manipulated, inthe credit section, you should label thephoto as an illustration.
4. CAPTIONS2. AccuracyReflects the credibility of the product.Everything in the caption should be triplechecked.
5. CAPTIONS3. People Triple-check the spelling of names; check with primary sources.
6. CAPTIONS4. TimeIn captions, use the present tense; write ina conversational tone.
7. CAPTIONS5. Information5. The caption should include all of theinformation the reader would want to know.
8. CAPTIONS6. ObviousDon’t repeat the obvious; what’s in theHeadline or text of the story.The use of quotes can be used incaptions.
9. CAPTIO NS7. NamesTriple check names AND positions.Identify people from left to right.
10. CAPTIONS8. Succinct Use adjectives sparingly, don’t say what the person is thinking.