1. CVRCCentral Valley Regional Center Josh Winters Cheryl Whittle Wednesday 6-8:50
2. History On July 1, 1969 the Lanterman Developmental Disabilities Services Act went into effect in California. Authored by Frank D. Lanterman, this act is foundation for all services to individuals with Developmental Disabilities are built. 21 Regional Centers in California to serve as “fixed points of contract in the community for persons with Developmental Disabilities and their families.
3. Funding Through Lanterman Act Medicaid Waiver SSI
4. C. V. R.C. Practices C. Coordinating resources and collaborating with other agencies to develop the best services for consumers and families. V. Valuing diversity. R. Respecting individual rights and choices. C. Committing to excellence, honesty, and cost effectiveness in service delivery.
5. Goals Advocate for persons with Developmental Disabilities Identify Client and Family needs and to establish a person- centered plan Provide the most effective client services through community resources Assist communities in preventing and early identification of Developmental Disabilities To Assist in the establishment of new and innovative programs and to expand existing community resources.
6. Mission To help individuals with Developmental Disabilities and children at risk to reach their goals.
7. Organizational Structure
8. Who Qualifies? Children and Adults who are substantially handicapped. Qualifying conditions include Mental Retardation, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, and Autism. The onset of these conditions must have been prior to age 18. Infants and young children under age 3 may be served as “high risk” or “at risk” because of a significant delays in one or more developmental areas.
9. Services Provided Assessment Activities for people with Developmental Disabilities Evaluation Funding of Resources Diagnosis Respite Care Case Management ILP Services Day Programs Group Homes
10. Populations At Risk Developmental disabled aged birth to death. Autism Cerebral Palsy Epilepsy Mental Retardation Other conditions similar or related to Mental Retardation that require similar treatment
11. Community Context Referral based by Parents, Teachers, Relatives, Doctors, the Individual themselves or anyone who suspects a Developmental Disability. Utilization of Generic Resources Counties served: Tulare, Kings, Fresno, Madera, Merced and Mariposa All ethnic groups served Upper, Middle and Lower class clients.