1. Mobile technology for travellers By Joshua Woodham
2. • Social Media o Facebook o Twitter o LinkedIn o Blogging o Email Marketing• Mobile Apps o Apple o Android• Mobile Websites
3. Airline apps• Most of the top airlines have an app• No longer need to carry printed version of your booking confirmation etc.• Skip the Queue at check-in• Navigate the airport terminals easily• Get live updates of terminal changes, delayed flight times etc.
4. Air New ZealandAirNZ mPass is your essential Air New Zealandtravel app. With AirNZ mPass you can:• See all your domestic and international flights• Use a domestic flight barcode to collect checked bag tags at a kiosk, gain entry to the Koru lounge (if a member), and board your aircraft• Check your seat number, gate number and any departure time updates• See how many Airpoints Dollars are in your account• Look up airport maps and FAQs
5. Air New Zealand
6. Air New Zealand
7. Trip ItGet peace of mind while traveling, by having all your plans in one place.No more frantic searching for confirmation emails in your inbox - or worseyet - hunting down that pesky manila folder. TripIt is an easier way toorganize and share travel.TripIt “automagically” takes all your trip details and creates one trulyhelpful itinerary that’s there when and where you need it – on your iPhoneor iPad, syncd with your calendar, and online at tripit.com.When you receive a confirmation email from anywhere you book, simplyforward it to firstname.lastname@example.org. TripIt instantly recognizes reservations from3,000+ booking sites including cruises, restaurants, concerts and more.You can easily share trip plans with family or colleagues directly, or letFacebook and LinkedIn contacts know when and where you’re headed.
8. Trip It
9. Travel Guides Lonely Planet• Download the lonely Planet app and then purchase city guides as you wish.• Introduction• Sights, restaurants, activities etc.• Interactive Map• Transportation maps• Phrase books• Add favorites• Offline navigation
12. Other useful apps & tips• Download Nav Free app for free navigation.• Turn your 3G off when not using it.• Leave a voicemail message on your phone notifying people that you are abroad. You may get charged for receiving calls.• Airplane mode.• Reset your data usage in settings before you leave.• Keep your brokers details in your phone.
13. Further reading• Top 10 Mobile apps for airlines http://www.slideshare.net/shanxz/top-10-mobile- apps-by-airlines• Top 50 Travel tablet apps http://www.slideshare.net/Griner/top-50-travel- tablet-apps#btnNext• Apple App store – Travel https://itunes.apple.com/nz/genre/ios- travel/id6003?mt=8• Google Play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/category/TRA VEL_AND_LOCAL/collection/topselling_free?hl=en
14. Any Questions? 0800 LIKE ME email@example.com www.socialkiwi.co.nz