View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
$5/month Shared Hosting Is Not
• “Pressﬂow Makes Drupal Scale”
• Drop-in Replacement For Core
• Backports many Drupal 7 features
• PHP 5.x/MySQL 5.x Required
• Enables robust reverse-proxy, mysql replication and more
• Runs drupal.org and many other high-performance sites
That Works Anywhere, But Is Both
Slow and Expensive
• Use settings.php to plug in cacherouter instead of /includes/cache.inc
• Pick your poison: APC, XCache, Memcached, Filesystem, or classic db
• Change caches per table.
• Vital for high-speed logged-in pageloads.
Coming Soon: Advcache
• Cache Nodes, Users, Taxonomy Terms and other common objects via
• Extends the notion of drupal’s static cache to whole objects.
• Still in development, but if you’re into writing patches...
• Search is among the slowest and most expensive queries. Use Solr
• InnoDB can help with locking in MySQL
• Hardware is faster and often more cost effective than code cleanup.
• Monitor load and scale ahead of problems.
• Cachegrind to proﬁle code.
• Jmeter to simulate load.
• Slow Query logs, cactai, etc.
• Start with all services you need.
• Separate services into layers.
• Add more servers at each layer as needed.
• Shameless plug: Project Mercury: http://getpantheon.com