2. WHAT I'M GOING TO TALK ABOUT
What FTI Consulting's needs are, and how I can help
Some of my previous work, obstacles and solutions that
apply to the work you're doing.
Who I am, my experience and what I'm about
Questions? From you... from me
3. WHAT ARE YOUR NEEDS?
FTI needs someone in this UX Designer role who can...
1. perform UX Audits
2. make UX Standards and Specs
3. crank out storyboards, user flows and wireframes
4. create clean, well designed finished products
5. hack through some HTML and CSS
4. WELL, THAT'S ME.
I'll show you some of my work across each of these needs and
answer any questions you may have.
If you have a question, jump in!
5. FTI NEEDS SOMEONE
Who Can Perform UX Audits
Highmark Medicare needed to redesign their medicare
website in a short amount of time, had some money for testing
and wanted to see how far they could push their web
Needed to be tested in about 2 weeks.
Was a complete redesign.
Had to be CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
Had complex rules that were confusing to the user.
Break apart the information and reorganize.
Move interactions to be more relevant in the site.
example: Not pick a county right at page load.
We had to work iteratively. Test what we can in the short
amount of time.
Had to be open to change. Testing could affect everything.
Completed Redesign for testing in 2 weeks using Fireworks
and libraries of created symbols.
9. FTI NEEDS SOMEONE
Who Can Make UX Standards and Specs.
Highmark BCBS has lots of uses cases. They create lots of
documentation for regulatory reasons and at times that can
11. Highmark BCBS Help Tip Design Pattern
12. Highmark BCBS Help Tip Design Pattern
13. Highmark BCBS Help Tip Design Pattern
We started to use more complex interactions, but they
weren't specific to specific use cases.
Needed something that lived "above" use cases or stories.
Needed to explain these interactions and get buy-in from
1. Create small PDFs that acted as "educational material" that
could be passed out to anyone.
2. Make them standardized, so that you could give several of
them and people could understand lots of information in a
short amount of time.
3. Define "What", "Where", "How" and "Where else" on the
internet to foster buy-in.
16. FTI NEEDS SOMEONE
Who Can Crank Out Storyboards, Userflows and Wireframes
17. UI Screen Documentation
18. Highmark Search A Hospital
19. Highmark Search A Retail Clinic
20. Highmark Find a Doctor
21. Highmark Find a Doctor
22. FTI NEEDS SOMEONE
Who Can Create Clean, well designed finished products
eRAD needs to create a responsive marketing website that
was within brand and easy to update.
24. eRAD.com Sitemap
25. eRAD.com Responsive Website
26. eRAD.com Global Header
27. eRAD.com Navigation
28. eRAD.com Navigation
29. eRAD.com Navigation
30. eRAD.com Under the Hood
31. eRAD.com Unirad Resources
32. eRAD.com Unirad Contact Form
eRAD.com needed to reflect the new brand.
It needed to be able to be updated easily.
Needed to showcase customer base.
Needed to be used by sales as a lead generation tool.
Was mandated that it had to be responsive.
Needed to address multiple audiences.
1. Spearheaded a two-day session where we discovered the
voice of the customer.
2. Created wireframes and information architecture for the
3. Designed and created all icons, images, collages, etc. for the
4. Worked in a project manager role with outside developer,
sales and marketing to launch the site.
5. Got out of "wireframe-mode" and into "developer
collaboration mode" to account for unseen variables that
could have impeded launch.
6. Developed content blocks that allowed modularity with
content, addressing multiple audiences.
35. FTI NEEDS SOMEONE
Who Can Hack through some HTML and CSS
36. This presentation you're looking at.
37. Not afraid of getting my hands dirty and learning.
38. Active in learning Rails and new technologies, Git, etc.
39. Responsive Landing Page (Desktop)
40. WHO I AM
A people person.
A creative person.
I love the web and technology.
I love to figure things out.
I love "big problems".
41. I'M EXCITED!
The UX Designer position looks rewarding, complex and
FTI Consulting seems like a great place to work.
I look forward to making exciting and challenging things with
42. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!
Email me at: Josh Aronoff / @jaronoff