Internet in 2020: Internet will be even more
Internet in 2020: Internet will attract more
• More users - If now in 2010 are 1.8 billion internet users with a population of 6,700 million
of people, in 2020 is estimated to be 5 billion users.
• Internet will be of exabytes, perhaps even content of zettabytes - Internet traffic will grow
about 44 exabytes per month in 2012, more than double what it is today.
• Internet will not have cables - The number of broadband users is increasing exponentially.
The number of mobile users increased by 85% each year on 3G, or other technology for
• More services in the cloud - The benefits of cloud computing capacity of the network to
reduce costs, increase capacity, improve flexibility and access. The cloud computing will
generate more than 45.4 billion dollars in revenue in 2015.
• Internet will be more green - currently 9.4% of electricity consumption in the U.S.
corresponds to computing. In the Internet world consumption is 588 billion Kw between PCs
and monitors 167 billion kw in the use of modems and routers and 1 billion kw mobile.
• Internet attract more hackers - Last year 2009, 57% of hacking attacks were in USA,
23% in Europe, 6% in Asia, the Middle East 4%, 2% in South America as in 6% Australia
and New Zealand. Only the growth in malicious code attacks between 2007 and 2008