Transcript of "Joe murphy librarian concise cv resume"
firstname.lastname@example.org 203-804-3865 PO Box 876 San Leandro, CA 94577
• Master of Science in Foresight (Futures Studies), University of Houston. 2014 - Present.
• Master of Library & Information Science,University of Hawaii. 2006.
• BA Physics, Syracuse University, 2003.
• Fordham University, Bronx, NY, Business Administration, 1999 - 2000.
Director, Library Futures. Innovative Interfaces 9/2013 - 7/2014.
• Facilitate collaborative projects to expand the impact of the company, its clients & partners.
• Position the company as a high impact partner with thought leaders.
• Envision product directions with product management, marketing, sales, and executives.
• Lead programs for industry leaders connecting executives with existing and future clients.
Consultant, Library Future. 2011 - 2013.
• Bring together partners to discuss and guide preferred joint futures.
• Analyze impacts of technology and cultural directions and inform leadership of trends.
• Empower collaborations that inform directions and involvement with thought leadership.
Yale University, Science Librarian II: Coordinator of Instruction & Technology. 2007–2011.
• Collaborate with researchers and teaching faculty, manage collections, provide information
services and research assistance, teach research skills, design innovative services, lead
technology initiatives, manage large collections budgets, maintain website, manage
technology for staff and users across 6 library branches.
Current Internship: The Crucible (non-profit arts education). Oakland, CA. 2015 - Present.
Select Keynote Presentations: In Australia, Hong Kong, Netherlands, New Zealand,
Singapore, South Africa, UK, and all US regions.
• Book series coeditor: Synthesis Lectures, Emerging Trends.… Morgan & Claypool.
• Author: Location-Aware Services & QR Codes for Libraries. Tech Set, Neal-Schuman. 2011.
• Editor - Mobile Devices and the Library. 2011, Routledge.
• Topic consultant - Rector, Natalie T. Social Media Marketing for Libraries. LITA Publications.
• Scholarly journal guest editor, special issues, The Reference Librarian. 4 volumes.
• Select articles, and proceedings.
• “Using Mobile Devices for Research.” (Cover story). Online. May 2010; 34(3):14-18.
• “Social Networking Literacy Competencies for Librarians” With Heather Moulaison.
Proceedings of the Conference of the Association of College and Research Libraries, 2009.
• “UCLA and Yale Science Libraries Data on Cyberlearning & Reference Services…” A
Armstrong, M Jacobs, B Smith. Proceedings of International m-Libraries Conference 2010.
• “Schrödinger’s Course.” Science and Technology Libraries 28: 4(2008).
Involvement: International conference boards, association leadership appointments.
New Media Consortium Horizon Project Academic & Research Library Expert Panel.
Awards: Library Journal Movers & Shakers Award 2009. ALA Emerging Leaders 2007.
Libraries live at the junction of changing technology, media, and people. I have helped advance
an industry facing threats by forging connections and expanding creative solutions and can
leverage this experience as a launchpad to our joint growth.
@libraryfuture Joe Murphy http://libraryfuture.com/