1. José Ferreiro MY FIRST MARATHON Geneva, Switzerland May 10, 2009
2. - STARTING LINE - AND WE ARE OFF . . .
3. <ul><li>Remember the Greek soldier named Pheidippides who ran approximately 26 miles (42 Km) from the city of Marathon to the city of Athens to announce that the Persians had been miraculously defeated in the battle of Marathon. A few minutes after delivering the message, he dropped dead. And that is what we named the race after. </li></ul><ul><li>A marathon by its nature is an endurance race that tests and tries the body, even-tually taking it beyond its breaking point! </li></ul>MARATHON
4. LIFE EXPERIENCE <ul><li>Seems like everyone agrees that a marathon hurts and that you must have a screw loose to be running one! </li></ul><ul><li>That’s insane, think that you will be running the distance of 42.195 Km (26 miles and 385 yards). </li></ul>
5. STRONG MENTAL <ul><li>You basically have to take one kilometer (mile) at a time and not look ahead for the finish line because it is really far away! </li></ul><ul><li>Lots of things happend in your head. Your mental attitude is crucial for marathon running! </li></ul>
6. <ul><li>It is also interesting to hear random strangers cheering you by name because it is written below the number. </li></ul><ul><li>This really gives you a real BOOST! </li></ul>CROWD
7. MARATHON "The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy... It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed." - Jacqueline Gareau, 1980 Boston Marathon champ
8. GETTING THERE! " The difference between the mile and the marathon is the difference between burning your fingers with a match and being slowly roasted over hot coals. " - Hal Higdon
9. I may tell you when you cross the finish line, no matter how slow or how fast, it will change your life forever. - FINISHING LINE -
10. AMAZING!!! <ul><li>This experience gave me a such positive outlook on life. </li></ul><ul><li>I think after such experience I can pretty much do anything ! </li></ul><ul><li>Running over 42 km (26 miles) was a physically task, but it also provided me with one of the most satisfaying days of my life . </li></ul><ul><li>I truly value my first marathon running experience! </li></ul>
11. AN EXTRAORDINARY ADVENTURE IS OVER… … TO LET THE PLACE TO ANOTHER ONE
12. CONGRATULATIONS!!! A big thank you to all of you, for your advices, training time and sharing this passion, with a special thought for MR, the > 20 marathons MAN ! ! !