1. Mozilla Jordan Briefing Regional Meeting Amman, Jordan 25/6/2011 Issa Mahasneh Coordinator, Mozilla Jordan
2. About Mozilla Jordan● Community-based● Works for a free, accessible and open web● Created by Jordanians who believe in Mozillas products and mission
3. Vision and Objectives● Let Jordanians know more about the Open Web, promoting its values and encouraging modern web technologies● User engagement and community marketing in Jordan● Highlight Mozillas vision and projects locally● Establish Jordan as a regional hub in promotion of openness and innovation on the Internet
4. Main Activities● Firefox Download Day
5. 2008 - Firefox Download Day● Location: Irbid● Downloading Firefox 3 on all JUST IT campus PCs● Firefox campaign in Irbids “Internet Street”
6. Firefox in Petra● Location: Petra● Celebrating 1 billion downloads of Firefox
13. 2011: Activities● Participation in AmmanTT Expo
14. 2011 Activities● AmmanTT: Major monthly IT event in Jordan● Attended by +500 technologists, entrepreneurs, users, bloggers and IT experts● Promotion of new features of Firefox 4● Encouraging Jordanians to switch to Firefox● Pushing to Open Web values for developers and IT geeks.
15. 2011 Activities● Mozilla Developer Hacks
16. Mozilla Developer Hacks● Monthly event● Empowering Jordanian developers with skills related to Mozilla and web technologies
17. Mozilla Developer Hacks● #0 → Firefox Extension Development, HTML5● CSS3, ECMAScript, Open Web, Add-ons, Jetpack, Mozilla Drumbeat...
18. 2011: Activities● Mozilla Jordan Meetup● Location: Souk Jara, Amman