- Mocking and Ridicule from work colleages - Lack of Promotion for refusing to fiddle the books, or commit tax fraud - There are some in this congregation who cannot return to their home country for fear of persecution, torture, kidnapping or death. - 200 million Christians in at least 60 countries are denied fundamental human rights solely because of their faith. Nigeria It happened about 10 p.m., Oct 1, in off-campus dorm rooms. Gunmen reportedly rounded up students and demanded to know their names, 30 students, killed by BOKO HARAM, islamist sect How does this fit in with our discussion in recent weeks of spiritual warfare, does Jesus actually win? Does Good triumph over evil... is persecution and oppression of CHristians a sign that God is in fact not on our side,
Psalm 2: We have looked at apocaylptic literature in Daniel, we have looked at prophetical material in ISaiah, and today we will turn to a song.
Davidic Kingship was no-more... this Psalm which was used for Kings in the OT, but they kept on singing it, mediating upon it, was then transposed into a futuristic key. Jesus at his baptism... declares ‘you are my son, in whom I am well pleased’ Anointed by Spirit, Roman Empire, Reliogious Elite , Satan and the demonic host come together to see him die, they gather aroudn him taunt him and mock him, the nations rage. Judas in alliance with Satan comes to Jesus one night, and kisses him, yet this is not a sign of respect, of allegiance, but rather the kiss of a betrayer, they take Jesus and in ironic fashion they place a purple robe, around him, they put a crown of thorns on his head, they mocked him, they spat on him. The nations rage. Yet Jesus does not respond by quoting Psalm 2 and then slaying the wicked, ratther he cries out in anguish upon the cross’ fatehr forgive them’. Jesus will not take up swords to beat his enemies, using the weapons of evil and empire, but rather he takes up the cross of the kingdom. Anf this death, this shocking execution, is not the end. He is raised from the dead, he ascends to heaven and he is now at the right hand of the father. This Jesus, this one was lifted high, high on the cross and high when he went to heaven, and he is drawing people from every tribe and evefry tongue to worship him, the ends of the earth are his possession. Deep Myseriosu TRuth.... that those who follow Jesus are co-heirs... we share in his sufferings.
So what? (1) we are in Jesus we copy him (2) He suffered , so we suffer (3) He was equipped and filled by the Spirit
1. FulfilmentSERMON SERIES
2. (1)THe KINGS AGAInSTTHE KING Psalm 2:2 The kings of the earth rise up and the rulers band together against the Lord and against his anointed
3. (1)THe KINGS AGAInSTTHE KING(2)THe VICTORY OF THEKING
4. QuickTime™ and a decompressorare needed to see this picture.
5. (1)THe KINGS AGAInSTTHE KING(2)THe VICTORY OF THEKING Psalm 2:6 “I have installed my king on Zion, my holy mountain.”
6. (1)THe KINGS AGAInSTTHE KING(2)THe VICTORY OF THEKING KISS AND THE(3)THeKING Psalm 2:12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry and you and your ways will be destroyed, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
7. THE COming of the CRUCIFIED KING Romans 8:17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that wemay also share in his glory.
8. Acts 4:29–30Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through thename of your holy servant Jesus.