A discussion about tapping into your expert skills and becoming the resource your clients and potential clients desperately need... through the use of blogging, content marketing, social media and more.
How to Use Social Media and Blogging to… Be the Resource Your Clients Need!
How to Use Social Media
and Blogging to…
Be the Resource
Your Clients Need!
Content Marketing vs. Self Promotion
“Traditional marketing and advertising is telling the
world you’re a rock star.
Content Marketing is showing the world
that you are one.”
- Robert Rose, from Content Marketing Institute
What we’ll talk about
1. Types of Content
2. Buyer Personas
3. Where to share…
Social, Email, Blog, Mobile
Be an Expert!
You are an expert! Yes, you!
How does your audience know this?
• Others tell them
• You show them how to do things
• You answer their questions
• You have fans promote your stuff
Your target audience needs your help!
They don’t know what you know!
• Write how-to posts
• Top 10 Lists
• Instructional video and podcasts
• Your expert knowledge in their language
You are not the only resource!
Share other’s useful content!
• Gather content via email, alerts & RSS
• Share that content on social channels
• Open up guest posting on your blog
You still need to sell!
How can you use content to convert?
• “Give away” eBooks, Whitepapers
• Instructional content with a call to action
• Content makes the sale,
explain the benefits
Define Your Target Audience
1. Identify groups
2. Develop “characters”
3. List common characteristics
4. List their needs
5. List your goals
Where to share…
• These are your content “outposts”
• Use content to attract site visitors
• Build your blog outreach
• Become a resource
• Seek syndication
Where to share…
• Social channels
• Email Newsletters
• Seminars and SlideShare
• BizSugar and other directories
• Optimize for mobile!!!
And I’ll leave you with a quote…
I asked Ann Handley, author of Content Rules,
what the most important takeaway from her book was…
“Be relentlessly customer-focused
and not corporate-focused.
‘What marketing will my customer THANK me for?’”
Read these two books… Content Rules! And Optimize!