View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
• The movie is based on the character created
by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby.
• Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely,
who wrote ‘Captain America: The First
Avenger’, stated before that film's release that
they were working on a sequel, and in June
2012, Anthony and Joe Russo entered
negotiations to direct.
Story, genre and primary/secondary
• Plot: Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in
the modern world and battles a new threat from
old history: the Soviet agent known as the Winter
• The genre of the movie could be described as
Action, Sci-Fi and/or Fantasy.
• The primary audience of the movie are fans of
the original comics and previous movies of the
Marvel universe. The secondary audience of the
movie is people within the age of 16-24.
• Marvel Entertainment have produced movies
such as ‘The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)’,
‘Thor: The Dark World (2013)’ and ‘Iron Man 2
• Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures are
responsible for distributing ‘The Avengers (2012)’,
‘Iron Man 3 (2013)’ and ‘Toy Story 3 (2010)’. All of
these movies surpassed the $1 billion mark in
worldwide ticket sales.
• They have previously worked with and continue
to work with Lucasfilm, Pixar Animation Studios
and Touchstone Pictures.
• They also worked with Miramax Films (19932010) and Dimension Films (1993-2005).
All of the main cast will be reprising their previous roles with the inclusion of newcomers Stan and Mackie.
Chris Evans – Captain America
Scarlett Johannson – Black Widow
Sebastian Stan – Winter Soldier
Anthony Mackie – Falcon
Anna Kendrick, Felicity Jones, Imogen Poots, Teresa Palmer, Alison Brie, Emilia Clarke, Mary Elizabeth Winstead,
Elizabeth Olsen and Jessica Brown Findlay were considered to play Sharon Carter. Jones would later be cast in
‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’. Brown Findlay later appeared in ‘Iron Man 3’ as the film used footage of her from
‘Downton Abbey’. Olsen will portray the Scarlet Witch in the upcoming film ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’.
• The movie is directed by the Russo brothers
and produced by Kevin Feige. The budget was
Soundtrack & Score
• Henry Jackman has composed the original
score for the movie. This is the composer’s
first work with Marvel Studios and the Marvel
Cinematic Universe, but not his first film with
characters from Marvel Comics. He previously
composed the score for ‘X-Men: First Class’.
• The official soundtrack has not been revealed
as of yet.
• The movie is available to watch in 2D, 3D and IMAX.
• According to Anthony Mackie, the Russo brothers relied on
minimal use of computer-generated imagery. Mackie said,
“they wanted to stay with live action, which is a dying art
form…that's why the movie looks so great.“
• Nevertheless, five special effects companies are involved in
creating the visual effects of the film, including Industrial Light
& Magic and Scanline VFX.
• The movie will be released on the 26th of
March in the UK and the 4th of April in the US.
Teaser – 23rd October 2013:
Trailer 1 – 24th October 2013:
‘Big Game’ Teaser – 31st January 2014:
Trailer 2 (International) – 2nd February 2014:
Captain America released teaser’s before their big trailers. Marvel took the opportunity to release their biggest
trailer during one of the Super Bowl ad-break which was viewed by a whopping 111.5 million people.
Marvel have also released merchandise such as figurines, costumes, LEGO and tie-in comics.
• The movie will be shown to people all over the
country in Odeon, IMAX, EMPIRE and
• It will be shown in independent cinemas such
as Ritzy branches.