Open Source software and learning resources have become increasingly popular over the last few years and offer some really interesting options for learners and educators. But are they really free? What are the implementation costs? What resources do you need? What sort of opensource tools and resources are out there?
In this session Jo Kay will explore a range of tools including:
- Wikiversity, WikiEducator and Open Courseware
- Audacity, OpenOffice, Tuxpaint, The Gimp (Opensource Desktop Software)
- Moodle and Sakai (Learning Management Systems)
- Wordpress. Buddypress and Elgg (social/community tools)
- OpenSimulator and SLoodle (Learning in 3D)
Presented as part of the Australian Flexible Learning Framework's MAKING e-technology WORK FOR you Online Conference | 16 and 17 June 2010 | #