PCMA Creating a Winning CulturePresentation Transcript
Creating A Winning Culture
I will not waste one minute of your time…
• I have a ton to cover and I will go pretty fast.
• Please take lots of notes, think/work hard and feel free
to ask questions or give comments at ANY time.
• I am happy to answer any of your questions, offer advice
and recommend books at any time after this session.
The slides are already posted at:
People + Relationships
You MUST have engaged people!!!!
Great Places to Work Study
Ten Elements of a Winning Culture
1 - 10
1. People enjoy the work they do and the people they work with.
2. People take pride in the work they do and the company they work for.
3. There are high levels of engagement, connection, camaraderie and
a community of caring.
4. There is a culture of fairness, respect, trust, inclusiveness and teamwork.
5. The leaders walk the talk, live the values and communicate a clear vision
and strategy for growth.
6. Lots of open, honest, robust and transparent communication across
the entire organization.
7. The company invests back in employees; there is a commitment to learning,
coaching and development.
8. There is a bias for action, employees have an ownership mentality and
always strive to give their personal best.
9. There is high accountability and a strong focus on delivering the desired results.
10. There is ample recognition and rewards and mediocrity is not tolerated.
Key Elements of a High Performance Team
Direction – vivid, clear, inspiring --- shared
Measurements – specific, observable, focused
C ompetence – very good at what they do
C ommunication – open, honest, courageous
Mutual Accountability – all team members
D iscipline – do this every day
10 Key Team Competencies:
Setting clear, specific and measurable goals.
Making assignments extremely clear and ensuring required competence.
Establishing accountability for high performance across the entire team.
Running effective team meetings.
Building strong levels of trust.
Establishing open, honest and frank communications.
Managing conflict effectively.
Creating mutual respect and collaboration.
Encouraging risk-taking and innovation.
10. Engaging in ongoing team building activities .
1 - 10
Key Drivers of Business
From: Practice What You Preach by Maister
Keys to Changing the Culture
Irresistible case for change
Communicate a vision of new future
Sense of urgency
Plan for small wins
Institutionalize the change
Based on what we have covered…
What are THREEspecific
action steps you can
take that would have a
effect on your
If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to send a note or call.
My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE connect with me on LinkedIn
Also, you might find value in the ideas I share in my blog. You can sign up for it at:
Lastly, these slides have already been uploaded to: