Ideas in Business = Strategy Action = ExecutionBusiness Success = Strategy x Execution
To create a highly accountable culture…• Communicate clearly and relentlessly.• Set agreed-upon and highly specific metrics.• Focus on results – not personalities.• Force collaboration – teamwork is mandatory not optional.• Question all activities that don’t contribute to the company’s overall strategic goals.• Make sure that everyone in the organization – from top to bottom – focuses on accountability.
1. There is a real void of clear,direct and understandablecommunication. This resultsin people doing what theywant to do, not what theyneed to do and breeds aclimate of not caring aboutthe customers/clients or theircolleagues.
2. Dysfunctional behavior is accepted or ignoredand worse yet, colleagues, management reward it.
3. There is no definition of what is acceptableand what is unacceptable.
4. Management does not promote and confirmthat accountability is a key principle within theircompany.
5. Good people may leave because offrustration that their employees are ignoringthe issue and is not proactive in seeking andimplementing a solution to change theenvironment.
Situational LeadershipHIGH Teacher Coach Motivation FLEXLOW Director Cheerleader LOW HIGH Skill
Workshop• What are the top THREE things you must do right away to dramatically increase the level of disciplined execution and accountability in your organization?
Thank You If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to send a note or call. My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org My twitter address is: @awesomelysimple Please connect with me on LinkedInAlso, you might find value in the ideas I share in my blog. You can sign up for it at: www.blog.johnspence.com Lastly, these slides have already been uploaded to: www.slideshare.net/johnspence