Connoisseur of Talent
• The time to look for TOP talent is NOW!
• Know Exactly what you are looking for.
• Do NOT settle for anyone who does not meet
your basic criteria.
• Check everything, test everyone.
• Get trained on interviewing.
• Use team interviews.
• Check for commitment.
• Create a cult of Excellence!!!
Brand New from HBR
• Individual differences are nurtured.
• Information is not suppressed or spun.
• The company adds value to employees rather than
merely extracting it from them.
• The organization stands for something meaningful.
• The work itself is intrinsically rewarding.
• There are no stupid rules.
1. There is a real void of clear,
direct and understandable
communication. This results
in people doing what they
want to do, not what they
need to do and breeds a
climate of not caring about
the customers/clients or their
2. Dysfunctional behavior is accepted or ignored
and worse yet, colleagues, management reward it.
3. There is no definition of what is acceptable
and what is unacceptable.
4. Management do not promote and confirm
that accountability is a key principle within their
5. Good people may leave because of
frustration that their employees are ignoring
the issue and is not proactive in seeking and
implementing a solution to change the
Keep a Compelling Scoreboard
• It has to be simple
• It has to be visible to the team
• The has to show all key metrics
• it has to tell you immediately if
you are winning or losing!!
Create a culture of catching
people doing things RIGHT!
• Embrace and Revel in Change.
• Talent is KEY to Success
• Build a Winning Culture
• ECF = VOC + MOT
• Demand Disciplined Execution
• 5 Steps to Accountability
• Celebrate Success Lavishly
• Deal Decisively with Mediocrity
If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to send a note or call.
My email address is: email@example.com
PLEASE connect with me on LinkedIn
Also, you might find value in the ideas I share in my blog. You can sign up for it at:
Lastly, these slides have already been uploaded to:
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.