What are protist?
• Large, diverse group of organisms, including the plant-like protists (algae),
fungi-like protists, and the animal-like protists (protozoans).
• “Dumping site of hard t classify organisms”
PROTOZOANS-Animal like Protist
• mostly single-celled eukaryotic organism that feed heterotrophically and
exhibit diverse mechanisms of mobility.
• single-celled organisms with one or more whip-like flagella which they use to
assist them in moving.
• Move by temporary projections called pseudopods.
• Protist with cilia-”Hair-like projections”
• Not free-living and are parasytic.
• They produce spores.
• Plant-like protists that have two flagella but have no cell wall.
• Dinoflagellates-has two flagella often wrapped around the organisms
• Includes the yellow green algae and the golden brown algae.
Yellow Green Algae