2. Welcome To My <br />Grooming Assessment <br /> Joe Simon<br /> D.2 Batch<br /> A.H.T.M<br />
3. Acknowledgement<br />Any attempt at any level cannot be completed without the support and guidance of learned people. I would like to thank Mrs. Jhimli Jose for her constant support and motivation that has encouraged me to come up with this assignment. <br />
4. Contents<br />Personal qualities required for working in aviation and hospitality industry. <br />Personal grooming treatments.<br />Techniques to improve and maintain condition of skin.<br />Techniques to improve and maintain condition of hair.<br />
5. Suitable diet with justification with a weekly menu.<br /> Weekly Exercise.<br /> Why do you think it is important to present yourself as a professional in an interview?<br /> Bibliography<br />
6. Personal Qualities required for working in aviation and hospitality industry.<br />
7. Aviation and hospitality industries are the major service industries of the world. It’s a never ending industry due to the high tech developments we have in our universe. To work in such industries is not a simple thing, a person willing to work in such an exposure should maintain the following aspects : <br />
8. <ul><li>Excellent communication skills
13. Physical Fitness</li></li></ul><li>Excellent communication skills<br />Wonderful communication enhances one’s personality and thereby helps a person move towards success. English being the international language should be well trained and used in the best accent. Service industry needs people with such a hardcore skill which is never tough to get in hand. Just a practice ,you are done! <br />
14. Patience<br />Patience is an essential tool which is needed to work in such an industry. It is necessary for success.It is said that "all things come to those who wait" If we wish to achieve anything of significance, we cannot expect to achieve it overnight.<br />
15. Well Groomed<br />A customer or in terms of an interview, the prospective employer, always assess a person by his or her grooming habits. A well groomed person always gives an everlasting impression to an observer.<br />
16. Humble<br />Being humble surely changes once personality. Everyone loves a humble person. Being humble changes one’s surroundings and reduces peer pressure. A humble character and a humble leadership surely brings one to the brighter side of things. <br />
17. Confidence<br />The most important aspect which one should have to work not only in the service industry but also to move life forward is confidence. Self confidence surely brings one to heights and gives himself/herself a self belief that he/she will be successful.<br />
18. Physical Fitness<br />Being physically fit leads to a great change in one’s life. Physical fitness leads to a better feeling in the mind, enhances mental health and helps to overcome stress and fear. You would need less sleep and sleep better.<br />
19. Personal Grooming Treatments<br />
20. I do quiet a lot of things :<br /><ul><li>I take shower 4 times a day!
21. My day is started with a fresh wash of my face with cold water!
22. Then I use Garnier Face Wash and freshen up my face.
23. The above follows with cleansing my skin with Himalaya cleansing milk and concluded by the Himalaya skin toner.</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>Then after few minutes I do my shaving
24. Then set off for my refreshing morning shower
25. After the shower I apply Ponds moisturizing cream and on top of that I put Yardley talcum powder.
26. Then apply Garnier Sunscreen lotion and leave for the day.
27. I use face scrub once a week.</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>I use a Himalaya Neem pack once a week to refresh my skin.
28. After returning back from my daily routine, I once again wash my face with cold water.
29. I am a regular user of City Men roll on and axe body spray.
30. Before going to end my day I wash my face with the face wash cleanse it with toner .</li></li></ul><li>Techniques to improve and maintain condition of skin.<br />
31. Types Of Skin<br />Skins are not uniform in every person. We have different types of skin which are seen in different people. The different types of skin are :<br /><ul><li>Dry Skin
32. Oily Skin
33. Combination Skin</li></li></ul><li>Dry Skin<br />Dry skin or Xerosis(in medicine) is a type of skin. This skin has a low level of sebum and can be prone to sensitivity. The skin has a parched look caused by its inability to retain moisture.It usually feels "tight" and uncomfortable after washing unless some type of moisturizer or skin cream is applied. Chapping and cracking are signs of extremely dry, dehydrated skin. <br />
34. Oily Skin<br />Oily skin is another type of skin commonly found.Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull colored. Often a chronically oily skin has coarse pores and pimples and other embarrassing blemishes. It is prone to blackheads. In this type of skin, the oil producing sebaceous glands are overactive and produce more oil than is needed. The oil oozes and gives the skin a greasy shine.<br />
35. Combination Skin<br />Finally the last type of skin, the combination skin. It is acombinationofboth oily and dry skin. There is a greasy center panel consisting of nose, forehead and chin and a dry panel consisting of cheeks, mouth and the areas around the eyes. This type of skin is very common, and it should be treated as if it were two different types of skin.<br />
36. My Skin Analysis<br />II had analyzed what my skin was by spreading a tissue paper on my skin and found out that it was a combination skin. Certain areas of my skin are dry and other parts are oily. The oily part is concentrated on the T-zone, i.e. the area across my forehead and down my nose and chin and these areas are prone to have acne problems.<br />
37. Tips To Enrich Your Skin !<br /><ul><li>Remember to feed and nourish your skin with proper foods(carrot juice).
38. Keep your face clean.
39. Get serious about your stress reduction.
40. Use a good sunscreen lotion that helps prevent pollutant from being absorbed to the skin.
41. Love your skin ! Treat it with care.</li></li></ul><li>Techniques to improve and maintain condition of hair.<br />
42. Types Of Hair<br />Just like in the case of skins, hair also are of different kinds for different people. The different types of hair are:<br /><ul><li>Dry Hair
43. Normal Hair
44. Oily Hair
45. Damaged Hair</li></li></ul><li>Dry Hair<br />Dry hair is hair that does not have enough moisture and oil to maintain its normal sheen and texture. The reason for such a kind of hair are many. Some reasons are : <br /><ul><li>Excessive washing, or using harsh soaps or alcohols.
46. Excessive blow-drying.
47. Malnutrition.</li></li></ul><li>Normal Hair<br />Normal hair is just nothing but the simplest form of hair which doesn’t have much complaint or any other issues. It’s a hair which is safe and sound! <br />
48. Oily Hair<br />You wash and style your hair every morning, but within a few short hours, it looks stringy and dirty. You, like millions of others, have oily hair.Oil protects your hair shafts from breaking, keeps your scalp in good condition, and gives your hair that nice, healthy-looking sheen. Unfortunately, sometimes it's overzealous.<br />
49. Damaged Hair<br />The condition in which the hair is completely twisted and torn is called damaged hair.Damage to the hair is usually caused by heat (irons, blow drying, curlers, heat lamps, etc.), U.V. rays (Sun, lights, tanning beds), mechanical devices (combs, brushes, curling irons, etc.), chemicals (color, perms, relaxers, pool chemicals, the air, etc), or poor diet (specifically -lack of proteins and essential fatty acids).<br />
50. My Hair Analysis<br />I had analyzed my hair and according my observation it is a normal type. I use Dhathri Natural shampoo to enrich my hair and to keep it healthy. I also apply oil and massage my hair and wash it off well.<br />
51. Tips To Stop Hair Fall!<br /><ul><li>Take two teaspoon of coconut oil, one teaspoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of castor oil. Heat it for a while and then slowly apply it on your hair.
52. Take mustard oil, one tsp. of olive oil, one tsp. of Til oil. Heat and then apply it on your hair.</li></li></ul><li>Suitable Diet with justification with a weekly menu.<br />
55. B.M.I(Body Mass Index)<br /><ul><li>The body mass index (BMI), or Quetelet index, is a heuristic proxy for human body fat based on an individual's weight and height.
56. BMI does not actually measure the percentage of body fat. It was invented between 1830 and 1850 by the Belgian polymath Adolph Quetelet during the course of developing "social physics"</li></li></ul><li>MY B.M.I CALCULATION<br /><ul><li>B.M.I is calculated by the following formula:
57. Ideal Weight = Height (cm) – 100
58. B.M.I= Weight(kg)/Height (m)
59. My ideal weight = 170-100 = 70 kg.
60. My height = 174 cm
61. My weight=74kg
62. My B.M.I = 74/1.7 = 43.5 %.
63. I am overweight by 4kgs.</li></li></ul><li>Waste And Hip Ratio<br /><ul><li>Waist-hip ratio or waist-to-hip ratio (WHR) is the ratio of the circumference of the waist to that of the hips.
64. For Men, waste/hip = </li></ul>greater or equal to .9 , person is not in shape.<br /><ul><li>For Women, waste/hip = greater or equal to .85, person is not in shape.</li></li></ul><li>Weekly Exercise<br />
65. My Exercise Regime<br />I do a couple of things to strengthen my body, loose excess body weight and to tone up my body. My exercise regime includes :<br /><ul><li>Brisk walking and cardio
67. Abs crunches
68. Dancing</li></li></ul><li>Brisk Walking<br /><ul><li>Brisk walking is a wonderful and simple exercise for all.
69. You may have a busy life, but try and introduce physical activity in your life. A moderate dose of physical exercise for 30 minutes a day is enough to keep you healthy.
70. This form of aerobic fitness can lift your mood, make you physically fit, and improve the quality of your life. </li></li></ul><li>Cardio<br />Cardio training is one of the most vital training one should be thorough with. It brings the following effect :<br /><ul><li> Reduction in blood pressure
71. Increased HDL-cholesterol
72. Decreased total cholesterol
73. Decreased body fat stores
74. Increased aerobic work capacity
75. Decreased symptoms of anxiety, and depression
76. Increased heart function </li></li></ul><li>Pushups<br /><ul><li>Pushups is the best exercise to burn up fat content off my chest!
77. Push-ups exercise is meant to strengthen your pectorals, triceps and, to some extent, your deltoids but are also good as core body strength exercises.</li></li></ul><li>Abs Crunches<br /><ul><li>Abs crunches are really important to reduce the fat content deposited on my tummy.
78. Abdominal exercises help strengthen your abs and provide trunk (core) stability.
79. Your core is where all movement in your body originates. </li></li></ul><li>Dancing<br />I love dancing not just because its fun but also because its healthy. Dancing brings the following changes to my body:<br /><ul><li>Forever young
80. Strong bones, lubricated joints
81. Calorie blaster
82. Better blood
83. Mental Mastery
84. A happy self</li></li></ul><li>Why do you think it is important to present yourself as a professional in an interview?<br />
85. It’s a compulsory thing to present myself as a professional in an interview. I feel so because :<br /><ul><li>Its Important to conduct yourself as a professional after getting the job.
86. I should show the interviewer the type of person and character I will bring to their atmosphere.
87. I have to convince the interviewers that I can preserve their reputation and not break their fame by my fault ways.</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>Another reason to be professional, is because most jobs are a melting pot. There are a number of people from all different walks of life with different morals and values. By maintaining a professional manner, you will be sure to not offend others.
88. Last but not least,' The first impression is the best impression’</li></li></ul><li>Bibliography<br />The sources which have served me help :<br /><ul><li>http://www.slideshare.net/sheikhnaaz/grooming-navas-frankfinn