29. confirmation biasOur tendency to search for or interpret new information in a way that confirms preconceptions and avoids information and interpretations which contradict prior beliefs.
30. fundamental attribution error An unjustified tendency to assume that a person’s actions depend on what kind of personthat person is rather than on the social environmental forces influencing the person.
31. so… We are all judgmental.
32. action…integrate brain science into d&i training and leadership development disentangle intentions and consequencesmake more time and space for social / relational
33. action… prioritize relationships & communication skills, including dealing with conflict mix networks look for disparities in outcome reward activists
35. resources• Your Brain at Work | David Rock• The Neuroscience of Leadership | David Rock and Jeffrey Schwartz• SCARF: A Brain-based Model for Collaborating with and Influencing Others | David Rock• Does Rejection Hurt? | Naomi Eisenberger and Matthew Lieberman
36. resources• The Difference: How the Power of Diversity Creates Better Groups, Firms, Schools, and Societies | Scott Page• The Wisdom of Crowds | James Surowiecki• A Whole New Mind | Daniel Pink• The Medici Effect | Frans Johansson• The Geography of Thought | Richard Nisbett
37. resources• Achieving Success Through Social Capital: Tapping Hidden Resources in Your Personal and Business Network | Wayne E. Baker• The Whole Brain Business Book Ned Herrmann• Competitive Advantage Through People: Unleashing the Power of the Work Force | Jeffrey Pfeffer