2. Selling Products Online: EcommerceInternet Marketing and Sales Strategies Connect with Joe! facebook.com/joeapfelbaum twitter.com/joeapfelbaum linkedin.com/in/joeapfelbaumJOE APFELBAUM
3. Your Customers are online – are you? 97% of consumers research products online before buyingSource: BIA/Kelsey Group, User View Wave VII, May 2010
4. Did You Know? More than 80% of the online population has used the internet to purchase something More than 50% of the online population has shopped online more than once 50% of e-commerce sites ask for the same information more than once from shoppers 24% of e-commerce sites require an account to purchase items
5. eCommerce is a growing industry…
6. Why do people like shopping online?
7. What can YOU do to better sell your products online?
8. Today We’ll Discuss… AMAZON VS EBAY WEBSITE VS MARKETPLACES WEBSITE ROI OPTIMIZATION SEO (SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION) SMO (SOCIAL MEDIA OPTIMIZATION) SEM (SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING)CSE (COMPARISON SHOPPING ENGINES) EMAIL MARKETING SOCIAL SHOPPING AFFILIATE NETWORKS DEALS SITES
9. Website Vs Marketplaces Amazon Ownes The Customer Must Use Merchant Svcs Sell Only Approved Things Price Driven You Own The Customer You Choose Your Merchant Svcs Sell Anything You Want Other Competitive Advantages
10. Website ROI Optimization Straight-forward Homepage Organized Categories Detailed Products Check-Out Cart Security logos Call To Action! (above the fold) Phone/Email/Livechat Options Clear Shipping Instructions Order Processing Time Return Information
11. Onsite SEO: Content and Best PracticesSearch Engine Optimization | Content Writing Tips Makes Your Website Come Up In Make sure to use: relevant Search Engines keywords; prose that Google wont recognize as spam; and linkable Helps Your Business Be Seen content. Online Incorporate your keywords into Gives You Credibility On The your backlinks to reinforce the Internet keywords for Google. Allows you to get leads and make sales Don’t overstuff your text with keywords. Keywords should be 5 – 7 % of the total copy.
12. SEO: Search Engine Optimization Tips Blogging: Why should you blog? • Share information with fellow business people • Generate back links • Boosts traffic to your website • Relatively free online marketing device • Builds trust of viewers (potential clients) Press Releases • http://www.prweb.com/ • http://www.prnewswire.com/ • https://news.google.com/A few good rules to live by for SEO press releases…1. Never sacrifice readability when optimizing your press release.2. Always have a newsworthy angle.3. Don’t write press releases that read like advertisements.
13. SMO: Social Media Optimization
14. PPC: Pay Per Click Google AdWords Get started at Google.com/adwords Search VS Display Networks • Get relevant traffic to your website. • Only pay when people come to your site • Optimize for the keywords that convert • Target people in your geographic area • Customize your message • Spend as much or as little as you like • Banner advertising can tap into 80% of users • Most effective return on adspend • Measurable ROI
15. CSE: Comparison Shopping Engine Pricegrabber Remember to… Shopzilla 1. Include a Call-To-Action 2. Allow Buying Without Registering Nextag 3. Improve Product Data Amazon 4. Install User Surveys 5. Remove Non-Performing Products Google 6. Ensure Accurate Categorization Bing TheFind
16. Email Marketing Blast emails to opt-in lists Here are email services that you can use: Mailchimp.com Constantcontact.com
17. Social Shopping Stylehive • 77% of Internet users SEARCH on a Thisnext daily basis Kaboodle • 71% of online Americans have bought a product via the web. • One in three searches has local intent.
18. Affiliate Networks The Google Affiliate Network “helps advertisers increase online conversions on a performance basis and enables publishers to monetize traffic with affiliate ads.”Other Affiliate Networks: http://www.cj.com/
19. Deals Sites Groupon , LivingSocial, Zulily 68% of daily deal buyers returned to the establishment even without another discount. 58% of businesses cited customer acquisition as the top reason for liking daily deals. 53% of daily deal buyers went on to become regular customers.
20. Quick Recap Website Vs Market Places Website ROI Optimization SEO (Search Engine Optimization) SMO (Social Media Optimization) SEM (search Engine marketing) CSE (Comparison Shopping Engines) Email marketing Social Shopping Affiliate Networks Deals Sites …Questions, Comments, Concerns?