1. WELCOME TO LONDON WORK DONE BY LAURA, CLARA, JUDIT PONS & JUDIT RIERA.
2. INTRODUCTION London is the capital of England and of the United Kingdom. It’s a fascinant city.
3. PLACES TO VISIT IN LONDON
4. ST. JAMES’S PARK St James's Park is the oldest Royal Park in London. The three most important things of St. James's Park are the flowers, squirrels and birds.
5. HYDE PARK Hyde Park, is one of the Biggest parks of London. This park is divided by the Serpentine Lake. Squirrels sometimes hide behind the trees.
6. BUCKINGHAM PALACE <ul><li>Buckingham Palace has served </li></ul><ul><li>as the official London residence </li></ul><ul><li>of Britain but today is the </li></ul><ul><li>administrative headquarters of </li></ul><ul><li>the Monarch. </li></ul><ul><li>Buckingham Palace has got 775 </li></ul><ul><li>Rooms, these include: </li></ul><ul><li>19 State rooms. </li></ul><ul><li>52 Royal and guest bedroms. </li></ul><ul><li>188 staff bedrooms. </li></ul><ul><li>92 offices. </li></ul><ul><li>78 bathrooms </li></ul>
7. BIG BEN The Big Ben is the most representative monument of London. It is a clock.
8. LONDON EYE It is the highest Panoramic Treadmill in the world. PRICES: Adults £ 14.50, children under fifteen £ 7’25 TIMETABLE: Open from January to May and from October to December, from 10 o’clock to eight o’clock.
9. TOWER OF LONDON . The Tower of London has the Jewels of the Crown TIMETABLE March – October Tuesday – Saturday 9’00 – 18’00 Sundays and Mondays 10’00 – 18’00 November – February Tuesday – Saturday 9’00 – 17’00 Sundays and Mondays 10’00 – 17’00
10. ST. PAUL’S CATHEDRAL It is a religious building. It is the oldest church in England
11. BRITISH MUSEUM It has the most important collection of archeological pieces of the world.
12. PLACES TO STAY
13. HOTELS The Royal Horseguard. (From £128 per night) Sloane Square Hotel. (From £125 per night) The Hotel Russell. (From £99.35 per night)
14. HOSTELS Acaia Hostel (from £13.08 per night). Olimpia roms (from £16.14 per night). Budget Guest House (from £27.26 per night).
15. TYPICAL FOOD FISH & CHIPS You can eat it everywhere (restaurants, pubs...) and it is very cheap.
16. ROAST BEEF We can eat this meal with a sandwich or for lunch with vegetables.
17. This is a traditional cake in London. MEAT CAKES
18. SAUSAGES These are eaten with mashed potatoes. There are lots of differents sausages.
19. WEATHER December – February The temperatures are less than zero degrees. June – August The temperatures are more than thirty degrees.
20. TRANSPORTS BUSES: The red buses are famous in London. Before entering, you must pay a ticket. Children up to five years don’t pay de ticket. TAXIS: The taxis of London are black and they have seven seats.
21. LONDON UNDERGROUND It is the oldest and most famous underground. The people call it “ The tube”.
22. THE CURRENCY OF LONDON In London, people use pounds, in Spain, we use euros. The pounds are made of silver, bronze and other materials.
23. THE END
24. <ul><li>Girls, you have done a fantastic job! It’s excellent! </li></ul><ul><li>The only thing I can say is that you don’t use there is / there are in the power point but I think you use it in the rest of the paper, so don’t worry. </li></ul><ul><li>I’m very happy with this paper! </li></ul><ul><li>Continue working in this way! </li></ul>