There are a lot of questions that need to be answer, and this will start by my book about Nellie Mcclung
Described as progressive in her attitudes, fearless in many ways,and was an incredibly brave, smart, and strategic who faced some of the biggest challenges throughout her life Opinionated, lively, witted Grew up on the rural of Manitoba And became a model of commitment who never gave up and always kept trying, McClung was on the leaders of the feminist movement in Canada in the early part of the 20th century.
The reason why she who she is because... Her contribution at this time was a huge impact because... She saw men drinking away their family’s pay, saw women abused, uneducated and isolated without rights to their family property or even their children. She took on many roles throughout her life time, teacher, temperance leader, suffragist, lecturer, politician, historian, wife, mother and activist. Today, she is remembered now of course of her contributions to the women’s movement The real theme of her point of her was fairness equality between people around her. Helped improve the conditions of working women Fought for Prohibition and Health care for school children Wrote Books
Didn’t start her education until she was 10, but by 16 yrs old, she passed her teacher’s exams, which was one of the few professions was taken seriously for women. First novel - became a best seller Founding member of political equality league Liberal member Legislative Assembly of Alberta from 1921 - 1926. Even though she was a member, her purpose of furthering women rights were limited, because women were not taken seriously at this time.
Picture with people - with Mackenzie king
The next time you pick up a 50 dollar bill.... She is important because she took the courage, the initiative, bravery, and leadership to face on this challenge. But se knew that this was ones that’ll be worth it. If it weren’t for .. maybe women wouldn’t be able to vote maybe.. women wouldn’t have rights they have today, maybe..men would still be treated better then women.. maybe... women would not be taken seriously as they are today.. maybe .. we wouldn’t have women in politics, Maybe if it weren’t for her,... none of these would exist today. Without her, women would not be able to have the rights they have today. In 1936, McClung was the first woman to be a member of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation of Governors. She was Canada's delegate to the League of Nations in 1938. Throughout her career, McClung wrote 16 books, many articles and two autobiographical works Nellie McClung (1873-1951) was an important voice in the rise of feminism and social activism in Canada. She spoke and wrote in support of women's suffrage and temperance. In the &quot;Persons Case&quot; (1928), McClung and others persevered to ensure that women had the same right to elective office as men. Today, she is still known and remembered as a true Canadian hero and changing role model. She never back down, and was always determined to help women earn the right to vote
How did she changed history? Changing Canadian history - made a speech that change the prime minister’s mind about women rights to vote. Every Canadian woman’s life is better because of her Without her courage to fight for the vote for women, none of us would be would have any rights - such as equal pay, jobs outside of home, day care, allowed pay for maternity, own property... etc. Challenge the government over the legal definition of “persons”, resulting in having women included in the definition making them eligible to sit in the Canadian Senate. Nellie McClung spent her life advocating for people who were often unable to speak for themselves - factory workers, children, women - people who had very few legal rights and no political rights. Her causes were often far ahead of their time and she brought awareness where non existed previously.
1. QuickTimeª and a decompressorare needed to see this picture.
2. Wh e n d id th is h ap p e n? Why is she important? Is she a global citizen? Is she important? Should I know her? Who is she?What does she do? She’s Canadian? How did she change Canadian history? Women? W h y a m I le a r n in g What did she do? t h is ?
3. nELLIEMCcLUNGMCcLUNG“A citizen who made a difference” By: Jessica Nguyen
4. wHO is Nellie McClung?❊ Born: O ctob e r 20, 1 873 - S e p te m b e r 1 , 1 951❊ C h ats worth , O ntario❊ C anad ian Activis t (P olitician, S ocial Activis t)❊ Le d th e wom e n of M anitob a to b e com e th efirs t in C anad a to win th e righ t to vote
5. wHAT did she do? q Contribution r❊ Gaining women the right to vote (Famous Five)❊ The right for women to serve in the Canadian Senate❊ Won & Initiated the Persons Case
6. CARRER AND EDUCATION Liberal Wrote her first Political Member ofTeacher novel “Sowing Equality Legislative(age 16) Seeds in Danny League Assembly of Alberta
7. Became one of the members of the “Famous Five”Wins legal recognition of women as “persons”
8. Why is she so important?thIS IS BECAUSE.....
9. How? “Never retract, never explain, never apologize - get the thing done and let them howL” Nellie McClung z ✔ EqualityRight ✔Equal pay to ✔ Jobs outside of homeV o te ✔ Day Care ✔ Payed for Maternity ✔Own Property
10. Without Nellie McClung committed, bravery, initiative, passion, and courage...Our ways of living life now would be different.Thank you, Nellie McClung. For changing Canadian History.