1. Q-1: Answer in short.1--Explain difference between activecoversion and passive conversion ofweb application. In a passive conversion, we selectthe information that is to bepresented, but have no direct controlover its volume,type,or structurewhere as,in an acitive conversation,we provide input so that theinformation that is presented iscustomized to meet our specially.2--Define term framework. Describe inbrief. Framework is a set of activitesthat is always performed for every webengineering project. The nature ofactivities might change to suit theproject. The framework activities should beperformed accurately and in a propermanner as its an overall design or anoverall outlay of a project.
2. Each framework activity is composedor include following four main things: -Work tasks -Work product -Quality assuranceand -Project milestone The set of framework activities isalso known as "Umbrella activities".Each and every activity of frameworkincludes following steps: -Communication -Planning -Modeling -Construction -Deployment3--List aspects of web applicationdesign model. They are as under: -Interface design -Aesthetic design -Content design -Navigation design -Architecture design -Component design
3. 4--List the umbrella activities.Describe any one in brief. They are as under: -Change management -Quality management -Risk management -Project management Change management: Manages theeffects of change as each increment isengineered, integrating tools thatassist in the management of all WebApp content.Q-2 Answer the following in shortly.1-- Describe WebE methods resideswithin the process framework. Framework is a set of activitesthat is alwys performed for every webengineering project. The nature ofactivities might change to suit theproject.
4. The WebE methods resides withprocess framework are as follow: i} Communication methods: Definesthe approach used to facilitatecommunication between Web engineersand other WebApp stakeholders. Its avery important task must be carriedout between developer and customerthroughout the process so that thewebapp developed satisfies tthecustomer each needs. ii}Requirement analysis methods:Provides a basic for understanding thecontent to be delivered by a WebApp,the functions to be provided for theend users, and the modes ofinteraction that each class of userwill require as navigation throughwebapp occurs. This analysis is veryessential for developer so that adeveloper gets idea for therequirements he/she needs to develop awebapp and satisfy the customer needs. iii}Design methods: Encompasses aseries of design techniques that
5. addresses webapp content,applicationand information architecture,interfacedesign, and navigation design. This isan important activity as it is anoverall design or layout of a project. iv}Construction methods: Adeveloper has to apply a broad set oflanguages,tools, and relatedtechnology to the creation of webappcontent and functionality. v}Testing methods: A developer hasto test the webapp developed and hasto check each steps performed ahead. Awebapp developed should able tosatisfy the customer needs and thstverification should be done by adeveloper in this last activity.2--Explain categories of WebApp usingexample of online examination system. An application which acquiresinformation,structure it, build apackage presentation and delivers itis known as a web application.
6. Categories of webapp are as follow: i}Informational WebApp: A WebAppdeveloped must be a informationalWebApp which should provide anaccurate and useful informations tothe user or customer of a particularWebApp. For e.g.:In online examinationsystem, a student is provided with allnecessary informations such asexamination schedule,syllabus,patternof question paper, login, password,exam id, etc. Thus its aninformational WebApp. ii}Download WebApp: A WebAppdeveloped from which a customer wishto download their necessary things ordata then it must satisfy their needs. For e.g: In online examinationsystem, a student shouldbe able todownload exam schedule, practisequestion papers,etc as per theirrequirements and wish. Thus its adownload WebApp.
7. iii}Customizable WebApp: A WebAppdeveloped must be a changable WebAppas the needs of a customers alwayskeeps on changing so it must besatisfied by a developed WebApp. Thenecessary changes should be able toapplied by the developer in the WebAppas per needs of a customer. For e.g: In online examinationsystem,an examiner wants to providepractise papers to students andstudents should be able to download itthen this changes must be able toapplied in its WebApp. Thus its acustomizable WebApp. iv}Interaction WebApp: A WebAppdeveloped should be an interactiveWebApp which can create a link betweentwo person as per their needs. For e.g: In online examinationsystem, if a student wishes tointeract with the examiner then itmust provide such facilities which can
8. create interactaction betweenthem.Thus its a interaction WebApp. v}User input WebApp: A WebAppdeveloped must be able to take usersinput if its customers need. For e.g: In online examinationsystem, a student must be able toinput their data for applying for anonline examination. A student must beable to input their data in form of aparticular exam as per demanded. thusits an user input WebApp. vi}Transaction-oriented WebApp: Awebapp should be anble to perform thenecessary transactions between thecustomer and the server side ordeveloper. For e.g: In online examinationsystem, if a student apply for an examand fill up a form for it and submitthe same which is stored or maintainedin the database on server is aninformational transaction between
9. them. Thus its a transaction-orientedWebApp. vii}Service-oriented WebApp: Acustomer wishes to create anapplication which provide service tothe users then a developer must beable to satisfy it. For e.g: In online examinationsystem,stdents are provided srvices asthey are able to apply for theirdesired examination and can fromanywhere throughout world wide web.Thus its a sevice oriented WebApp. viii} Portals: Its a collection ofa web pages which can be accessedthrough a single domain name. If acustomer needs to access the differentweb pages through a single domain namethen it must satisfy. For e.g: In online examinationsystem, the different web pages ofdifferent exams can be accessedthrough a single domain name i.e.www.onlinexam.com .Thus its a portal.
10. ix}Database Access: A webApp mustbe ableto access the desired data of auser from the database on the server.it must be able to accessa particularrecords from database. For e.g: In online examinationsystem, if a student wishes to accesshis/her result then it must be able toaccess it from database on server. astudent can access it and other allsuch informations which a studentdesires. Thus its a database accessWeb App. x}Data Warehousing: A webapp shouldbe able to store the different data inits database on server. it must beable to store all kind of informationinputted and must be able to manageit. For e.g: In online examinationsystem, students apply for differentexams and answers for each questionsthen its database able to store allthe data or answers inputted by the
11. students. So its a Data warehosingWebApp.3--What tasks are required to developan incremental plan? Describe all indetail. In incremental process the firstforemost step that is communicationclarifies the needs and requiremantsof a customer which has to be plannedas per it to satisfy their each needs.Planning clarifies all activities tobe performed and it shows where we areand where we wants to reach. To develop an incremental planfollowing tasks are necessary: i} Refined your description of theWebApp increment to be delivered. ii} Select the WebApp increment tobe delivered now. iii} Estimate the effort and timerequired to deploy the increment.
12. iv} Assess risks associated withthe delivery of the increment. v} Define the development schedulefor the increment. vi} Establish work products to beproduced as a consequence of eachframework activity. vii} Define your approach to changecontrol. viii} Establish your assuranceapproach. i} Refined your description of theWebApp increment to be delivered. In this task a developer has tosolve the answer of the questions suchas; Do requested changes by anycustomer require a modification inthe number or definition of incrementsthat remain to be delivered? Ifmodifications are required, whatchanges in content and functionalityare necessary? How much effort islikely to be expanded on eachincrement that remains to bedelivered? How much calender time will
13. be expended on each increment? What isthe estimated deployment date for eachincrement? ii} Select the WebApp increment tobe delivered now. In this task a developer has tosolve the answer of the questions suchas; Is there is enough informationabout the increment to begin otherframework activities? Do you have aclear understanding of the content andfunctionality to be delivered by theincrement? Are constraints andperformance issues clearly understood?Are all necessary usage scenariosavailable and complete? iii} Estimate the effort and timerequired to deploy the increment. In this task a developer has tosolve the answer of the questions suchas; How much effort and time will berequired to model, construct anddeploy the increment? What resourceswill be required to do the work?
14. iv} Assess risks associated withthe delivery of the increment. In this task a developer has tosolve the answer of the questions suchas; What risks should be addressedduring the development of thisincrement? How will high-profitability,high-impact risks be mitigated? Whatlong range risks should be considered? v} Define the development schedulefor the increment. In this task a developer has tosolve the answer of the questions suchas; How will tasks be allocated alongthe time line for increment? Whatintermediate milestones will beestablished? vi} Establish work products to beproduced as a consequence of eachframework activity. In this task a developer has tosolve; What work products willdeveloped as work on the incrementproceeds?
15. vii} Define your approach to changecontrol. In this task a developer has tosolve the answer of the questions suchas; How will changes to content andfunctionality be requested,evaluated,and executed within the context ofother development activities? viii} Establish your assuranceapproach. In this task a developer has tosolve the answer of the questions suchas; How will the team access qualityas the increment is modeled,constructed, and deployed? What isany, reviews will be conducted? Whatif, any, metrics will be used?Q-3:- Answer in detail.1-- What do you mean by modeling inWeb Engineering? Explain its actions.Also describe all tasks which helpfulin developing analysis modeling.
16. In Web Engineering modeling meansan activity that creates one or moreconceptual representation of someaspects of the WebApp to be built. There occurs two actions duringmodeling in web engineering which areas under: i} Analysis:- It includesfollowing: Decides whether a requirementsmodel is needed. Represent WebApp content. Identity content relationship. Refine and extend userscenarios. Review usage scenarios. Create an interaction model forcomplex scenarios. Refine interface requirements. Identity functions. Define constraints andperformance requirement. Identity database requirements. ii}Design:- The goal of the designfor web engineering is to produce a
17. model or representation that exhibitsfirmness commodity and delight. It includes following: -Firmness: A WebApp should nothave any bugs that exhibit itsfunctions. -Commodity: A WebApp should notbe suitable for the purpose for whichits intended. -Delight: The experience ofusing the WebApp should be pleasurableone. There are following elements of adesign model which are as under: -Interface design -Aesthetic design -Content design -Navigation design -Architecture design -Component design
18. The following are the tasksperformed in design modeling: i} Design the inteface. ii} Design the aesthetic for theWebApp. iii} Design the navigation scheme. iv} Design the WebApp architecture. v} Design the content and thestructure that supports it. vi} Design functional component. vii} Select appropriate designpattern. viii} Design appropriate securityand privacy mechanisms. ix} Review the design.2-- What do you mean by communicationin WebE? Explain in detail. It defines the approach used tofacilitate communication between webengineers and all other webappstakeholders communication techniques
19. are particularly important duringrequirement gathering and whenever awebapp increment is to be evaluated. It helps in understanding theproblem before developer begins tosolve it and be sure that the solutionfound is satisfied to the customers. It includes three main activities: -Formulation -Eliciation -Negotiation i}Formulation: This activity includes to definethe project needs and scope. It begins with theidentification of a business need. The questons are asked by thedeveloper to the required persons andgather the required informations whichincludes following: WebApp objectives Defines WebAppfeatures Establish a commonset of goals and objectives
20. Scope of developmentefforts In formulation all suchinformations required are gathered bythe developer. The question askedshould be related to WebApp such asits goal,which necessary things itshould fulfill then whats the use of aparticular WebApp. ii}Eliciation: This activity includes thegathering of requirements and itsanalysis. All the required things aregathered and analysis is done on it bythe developer to create or developcustomers WebApp. iii}Negotiation: In this activity it includes theclarification of quality,cost andtime. It also includes the performanceof the WebApp. It also includes following -Map out strategies -Listen actively -Focus on other partys interest
21. -be ready to commit Thus, in communication allactivities are performed.