1. Jeanne Trojan @jmtczPresentations in CZ still suck!
2. All overthe worldpresentations are getting better.
3. There’s a new awarenessthanks to these people…
4. Death by PowerPoint Alexei Kapterev
5. It’s really nothing that new.e.g. ‘Death by PowerPoint’ came out in 2007
6. But, in the Czech Republic, presentations haven’t changed since the 1990s
7. Do you want me to be more specific?
8. No audience focus No clear message Too much information Text-filled slidesSpeakers reading slides No enthusiasm No interaction No reason to listen No reason to care
9. The worst part is that it’saccepted as normal here!
10. How do we start to change things?
11. 4 BASIC STEPS
12. 1 Don’t accept bad presentations from your team, your colleagues or yourself.
13. If we stop being polite, things might improve.
14. 2 Use all available resources to find out how it’s done right.
15. presentationadvisors.com jmtcz.wordpress.com slideshare.net presentationzen.com ted.com You can find endless resources on the Internet. speakingaboutpresenting.com blog.duarte.comideatransplant.com speakingppt.com
16. 3 Get some proper training for your team and yourself.
17. But some trainers suck so choose carefully.
18. 4 Ask for honest feedback after every presentation.
19. Act on that feedback so you get better every time you speak.
20. And, an added incentive for improvement…
21. On my blog, I will start reviewing presentations I see.I could be in the audience the next time you speak!
22. Presentations shouldn’t suck here.Let’s change it together!