Hebrews 9:13-14 NAB “For if the blood of goats and bulls and the sprinkling of heifer’s ashes can sanctify those who are defiled so their fleshed is cleansed, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from dead works to worship the living God.”
Therefore, it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified by these rights. (The old ones) but the heavenly things themselves by better sacrifice than these. For Christ did not enter into a sanctuary made of hands, a copy of the true one. But heaven itself that he might appear before God on our behalf.
“ Not that he might offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters each year into the sanctuary with blood the is not his own. If that were so, He would have had to suffer repeatedly from the foundation of the world. But now once for all he has appeared at the end of the ages to take away with sin his sacrifice .
“ Just as it is appointed that human beings die once, and after this the judgment, so also Christ offered once to take away the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to take away sin but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await him.”
(1) “ Since the law has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very images of them. For this reason it can never make perfect those who come to worship by the same that they offer continually each year. “ ``2) Otherwise, would not the sacrifices have ceased to be offered since the worshipers, once cleansed would no longer have any consciousness of sins? (3) But in those sacrifices there is only a yearly remembrance of sins .
(V4)“ For it is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats take away sins. (V5) For this reason, when he came into the world, he said:” Sacrifices and offering you did not desire, but a body prepared for me . (V6) holocausts and sin offerings you took no delight in (V7) Then I said, “as is written of me in the scroll, Behold, I come to do your will, O God”
(11) Every Priest stands daily at his ministry, offering frequently those same sacrifices that an never take away sin. (12) But this one offered once sacrifice for sings, and took his seat forever at the right hand of God; (13) now he waits until his enemies are made his footstool. (14) For by one offering he has made perfect forever those who are being conserated.
(15) The Holy Spirit also testifies to us, for after saying: (16) This is the convenat I will establish with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them upon their minds: (17) he also says: “Their sins and their evil doing I will remember no more” (18) Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer offering for sin.
( 21)And since we have a “great high priest over the house of God,” (22) let us approach with a sincere heart and in absolute trust, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed in pure water ,( 23) Let us hold unwaveringly to our confession that gives us hope, for he who made the promise is trustworthy . (24) We must consider how to rouse one another to love and good works
(25) We should not stay away from our assembly, as in the custom of some, but encourage one another, and that all the more as you see the day drawing near ” (26) If we sin deliberately after receiving knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins. ( 27) but a fearful prospect of judgement and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries . (28) Anyone who rejects the law of Moses is put to death without pity on the testimony of two or three witnesses. (29) Do you not think that a must worse punishment is due the one who has contempt for the son of God, considers unclean the convenant-blood by which he was consecrated, and insults the spirit of grace?
(30) I“ We know the one who said, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay “and again the Lord will judge his people
(31)“ It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God” . (32) “Remember the days past when he asked if you had been enlightened? You endured a great contest of suffering. (33) At times you were publicly exposed to abuse and affliction. At other times you were associated yourself with those so treated. (34) You even joined in the sufferings of those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property knowing that you had a better and lasting possession(35) Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, it will have great recompense.”
(36) You need endurance to do the will of God and receive what he has promised
(37 )“”For after just a brief moment, he who is to come shall come, he shall not delay.( 38) “But my just one shall live by faith, and if he draws back. I take no pleasure in him. “. (39) We are not among those who draw back and perish, but among those who have faith and will possess life .
HAPAX Father us pray with a humble heart that we will always be one in you. I ask that we be encouraged by others and seek to encourage other brothers and sister in Christ. May you provide the path of security in the foundation of our Christian community and by the sharing of prayers and encouragement of others we can endure any hardships that come our way. For without you Lord, we are nothing. With you we are everything. Provide for us the grace to overcome our hardships and know that is some way that the trials and tribulations that we suffer in no way compare to how you suffered for our sins. With joy in our hearts we know that by serving you we are being drawn nearer to you and that because of your suffering and dyeing for our sins the veil has been torn in two paving the way to our salvation. Thank you Jesus for the gift of community and for the enlightment given to us by Father Al who so impressed upon us the importance of Christian communities that uphold us by virtue of faith, prayer and encouragement.