You Will Need: 1. Pencil, Text Book- Pg. 237, Periodic Table, Colored Pencils 2. Electrons and Chemical Bonding- 2 pages-4 sides (Picked-up yesterday) • ½ sheet of paper – Bookshelf • 1 Manilla Folder • STAR Cards #61-101 – Due Now – Please put in the box on front table.
You Will Need: 1. To put up your privacy folder 2. Answer all questions 3. Turn into Tray when done • Return Manilla folder • First Team member to be done – Log into Learning Point and pull up today’s POWER POINT
• Table of Contents on-line2. Target Concepts for Test #3 – online for ½ page of notes, done by hand, front side only3. We will be going into the computer lab on Monday for Balancing equations and organizing your Binder.
• Why does Sodium • Why do Sodium and become an Ion? Chlorine bond? Positive or Negative? • What is the overall Why? charge of the compound?• Why does Chlorine • Does NaCl have the same become an Ion? characteristics as Na and Positive or Negative? Cl or does the compound Why? have its own unique
• Share pairs of electrons• More often between Nonmetals
1. Low Melting and Boiling points2. Free flowing but can be brittle3. Form molecules/compounds4. Do Not have a specific shape (more flexible) C12H22O11 C6H10O5
• CO2Compound Covalent or Ionic Why?• H2 O Set u this p ½ p• NaCl w/y and age fill i of p our n th ape you r• CH4 rsel answer e colum like whe f on s n yo the ---chec ns u ar ne x k• C6H12O6 e do t sli ne de• KCl• KI
Compound Covalent or Ionic Why?• CO2 Covalent NonMetals Covalent NonMetals• H2 O Ionic Metal & NonMetal• NaCl Covalent NonMetals• CH4 Covalent NonMetals• C6H12O6 Ionic Metal & NonMetal• KCl• KI Ionic Metal & NonMetal
None unless you owe me something • Test #3 next Friday – Written only – ½ sheet of notes, front side only, done by hand 2. Binder Check #3 – next Friday.