You Will Need:
1.Pencil, Colored pencils
2.Elements, Compounds and
Mixtures – Pages 1-4
1. STAR CARDS (60 pts.) –
Review, Practice and Study for STAR
test – First week in May.
Each week, 30 cards – download .pdf
file, cut and paste or copy
Study - Quiz on FRIDAY (20pts)
1. What are pure substances made up of
one type of atom called?
2. What determines whether we have an
element, compound or mixture?
3. The smallest particle to retain the
identity of any substance is a(n) ______.
4. Atoms can only be separated into their
subatomic particles only by ?
5. When you have two or more different
atoms bonded together, we call this a
6. Elements, Compounds and
Mixtures…which are PURE? Why?
7. The smallest particle to retain the
identity of a compound is a
8. Two or more substances physically
blended make up a(n) ____________.
9. Why are mixtures “NOT PURE”.
10.List any three ways mixtures can be
11.Elements, Compounds and
Mixtures…which have a SET RATIO?
12.A taco is considered a heterogeneous
13.Give an example of a homogeneous
14.Why is Iced Tea a homogeneous
18. A substance composed of particles
evenly distributed to look like one
substance is homogeneous. This
substance is also known as a
19. 72% of the air we breathe is Nitrogen. Is
Nitrogen the Solute or the Solvent?
20.In a solution of lemonade powder and
water what is the solute? Why?
21.In a mixture of 3% NH3 and 97%
H20, which is the Solute and which is
the Solvent in this solution?
22. What two forces/factors will change the
saturation level of substances?
23.What type of solution will not be able to
dissolve all of a substance and have
grains fall to the bottom?
1. We should know the definition of
Element, Compounds & Mixtures
2. What do their particles look like?
1. Complete Pages 1-4 on worksheets
2. Review and Reflect on pages 1 & 2
3. STAR CARDS #1-30
4. Rags to Riches – Quia Game
hyperlinked on LearningPoint.
1. You should have completed pgs. 1-
4, at minimum, of
Elements, Compounds and Mixtures
– Thursday Due Date
2. STAR CARDS #1-30 Due on Friday –
with QUIZ #1 to follow.