Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
  • Like
Navy Times PPT
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×

Now you can save presentations on your phone or tablet

Available for both IPhone and Android

Text the download link to your phone

Standard text messaging rates apply
Published

PPT version

PPT version

Published in News & Politics
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Be the first to comment
    Be the first to like this
No Downloads

Views

Total Views
1,462
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0

Actions

Shares
Downloads
52
Comments
0
Likes
0

Embeds 0

No embeds

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
    No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. 17 NOV 2009
  • 2. WHAT NAVY DOES 2
  • 3. ARTICULATE NAVY’S MISSION THE MISSION OF THE NAVY IS TO MAINTAIN, TRAIN AND EQUIP COMBAT-READY NAVAL FORCES CAPABLE OF WINNING WARS, 3
  • 4. MARITIME STRATEGY CORE CAPABILITIES -Forward Presence -Deterrence -Sea Control -Power Projection -Maritime Security -Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Response 4
  • 5. NAVY BRAND POSITIONING AMERICA’S NAVY IS THE GLOBAL FORCE THAT PROTECTS THE WORLD BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY 24/7 5
  • 6. THE AUDIENCES Motivating for the Fleet and Veterans Great for Understood by recruiting today’s the American youth People Strong for Multicultural Audiences 6
  • 7. OUR NAVY BRAND COMMUNICATIONS Make the fleet and veterans rise up and cheer by the way we show America how critical Navy’s mission is to our lives in the 21st Century Create reverence and unmitigated admiration for the institution and the men and women who comprise our Navy Elevate Navy to the status of employer of choice 7
  • 8. ARTICULATING THE NAVY BRAND CAMPBELL-EWALD | GLOBALHUE | GOLINHARRIS | ACCENTMARKETING 8
  • 9. 9
  • 10. GLOBAL GRAPHIC NEED TO CHANGE COLOR OF STARS 10
  • 11. FORWARD PRESENCE 11
  • 12. DETERRENCE 14
  • 13. SEA CONTROL 16
  • 14. Sea Control
  • 15. POWER PROJECTION 19
  • 16. Power Projection
  • 17. MARITIME SECURITY 22
  • 18. HUMANITARIAN & DISASTER RELIEF 25
  • 19. RECRUITING TO FIT 28
  • 20. CREATIVE RESEARCH CAMPBELL-EWALD | GLOBALHUE | GOLINHARRIS | ACCENTMARKETING 34
  • 21. QUALITATIVE RESEARCH RESULTS -General Public, Influencers, and Veterans • “The desire to serve is something that comes from inside. If my child has the calling, I will support them. • “It makes me proud to be an American.” • “It shows tradition, honor and duty served by past -Recruiting Prospects • “It makes you feel like you’re part of a brotherhood. It grabs you and makes you want to be part of the Navy.” • “The opportunity to help is quite appealing.” • “It shows humanitarian efforts throughout the world. I 35
  • 22. QUANTITATIVE TELEVISION TESTING -TV Testing Across General Market • “Lifeline” • 90% of Moms found it “very or extremely likeable” • Among those who have had a change in their feelings about their child joining the Navy, 89% feel “somewhat more positive” or “a lot more positive” • “The Calling” • 70% of Dads found it “very or extremely engaging” • Among those who have had a change in their feelings about their child joining the Navy, 85% feel “somewhat more positive” or “a lot more positive” 36
  • 23. SENTIMENT 37
  • 24. PRE & POST TRACKING RESEARCH -Gauge key awareness measures and attitudes toward Navy both prior and then immediately following a 2 week media burst -Unaided Ad awareness for Navy better than doubled (8% to 17%) -Total Ad awareness increased 25% (22% to 27%) -Increases were noted across all age and gender subgroups 38
  • 25. THANK YOU CAMPBELL-EWALD | GLOBALHUE | GOLINHARRIS | ACCENTMARKETING 39