Who is Steve Jobs?
• Born February 24, 1955
• American entrepreneur and inventor
• Co-funder, chairman and CEO of Apple
• Former CEO of Pixar
• 1975 Steve and Woz start assembling Apple I computers
in the Jobs' garage, and sell them to hobbyists
1978 The Apple II becomes the first mass-market
1979 Dec. Steve Jobs is shown the first working
graphical user interface at Xerox PARC.
Sales of Apple II skyrocket after Visicalc, the first
spreadsheet, is introduced.
1985 Steve Jobs resigns from Apple.
• 1995 Feb. Steve becomes President & CEO of Pixar
o Nov. 29 One week after Toy Story is out, Pixar
goes public. Steve Jobs worth $1.5 billion.
1997 Steve returns to Apple
1998 Steve Jobs introduces Apple's revolutionary
1999 Steve Jobs introduces the new Power Mac G3 and
the color iMacs at Macworld S.F.
• 2001 Oct. 23 Steve Jobs unveils the first iPod.
• 2002 Jul. 17 Steve Jobs introduces the first Windowscompatible iPods at Macworld NY.
• 2004 Jan. 6 Steve unveils the iPod mini and the iLife
suite at Macworld.
• 2006 Feb. 28 Apple releases its first living-room product,
the iPod hi-fi.
• 2010 Jan. 27 Steve Jobs unveils iPad, the muchanticipated Apple tablet.
Who is William "Bill" Gates?
• Born October 28, 1955
• Business magnate, investor, philanthropist, founder
/chairman / CEO of Microsoft
• Gates is one of the best-known entrepreneurs of the
personal computer revolution.
• 1976: Gates and Allen register the trademark
• 1977: Gates takes a second leave of absence from
Harvard and sets up Microsoft in Albuquerque, N.M.,
where MITS is headquartered.
1981: Microsoft incorporates and buys the rights to the
operating system “DOS” from Seattle Computer
Products. The system is modified and renamed MS-DOS,
and the company licenses it to IBM for the company’s new
• 1983: Microsoft announces Windows as an extension of
its MS-DOS operating system. 1994 Bill Gates became the
wealthiest person in America.
1995 Microsoft released Windows 95.
1998 Microsoft released Windows 98.
2000 Microsoft released Windows 2000 and Windows Me
2005: Queen Elizabeth II bestows an honorary
knighthood on Gates for his contributions to the United
Why do I admire these guys?
• Smartest business guys
• Changed the IT history and world history
• Invented / Created IT stuff and earn money
All about Steve Jobs
Bill Gates Time Line
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.