1. Welcome to your first meeting! Monday, November 7, 2011
2. What is the Teen Advisory Board?
3. Who can join the TAB?Students in grades 9-12 who live inFranklin Park or the nearby areas.
4. What does the TAB do?Helps decorate theSquareGives the YALibrarian input onTeen servicePlans programs forTeens, and more!
5. Where does the TABWhen does the TAB meet? meet?Generally meets once a Franklin Park Publicmonth on a Monday at Library Large Meeting4:00 PM. Room
6. Why join the TAB?• Because you want the library to be a fun place to hang out.• Because you love books, movies, music, and food.• Because participation earns you service hours and looks good on college and job applications.• Because it’s free!
7. How do I join the TAB? Attend the meetings!Talk to Joyce Arellano, Young Adult Librarian firstname.lastname@example.org (847) 455-6016, x241 Facebook.com/askfppl
8. Decorating the Square
9. Decorating the Square cont.
10. Planning Teen Programs Ideas for FuturePast Programs Programs• Library Scavenger Hunt • AniManga Club• Food decoration (Halloween • Book Club Twinkies, Gingerbread • YA Author visits Houses, Sugar Cube Castles) • Tech programs like this:• Wii & board games youmediachicago.org Photo courtesy of youmediachicago.org
11. Giving inputThe YA CollectionWhat titles do we need to get?What titles should we get rid of?Does anyone in high school readJ-14, Twist, and Pop Star?The Websitewww.franklinparklibrary.org/teensWhat links do we need? What shouldwe get rid of?What else???