1. 8 Charts That TellYou Everything YouNeed to Know Abut the Future of Information Management
2. We are in uncharted waters.
3. Systems of Engagement Social and Era Internet Cloud Systems of Record Years 1960-1975 1975-1992 1992-2001 2001-2009 2010-2015 Typical A batch A dept A A web An thing trans process document page interactionmanagedBest known Digital IBM Microsoft Google Facebook company Equipment Content Social Image Document Content mgmt Microfilm Business Mgmt Mgmt Mgmt focus Systems
4. Consideration Systems of Record Systems of EngagementFocus Transactions InteractionsGovernance Command & Control CollaborationCore Elements Facts & Commitments Ideas & NuancesValue Single Source of Truth Discovery & DialogStandard Accurate & Complete Immediate & AccessibleContent Authored CommunalPrimary Record Type Documents ConversationsSearchability Easy HardUsability User is trained User “knows”Accessibility Regulated & Contained Ad Hoc & OpenRetention Permanent TransientPolicy Focus Security (Protect Assets) Privacy (Protect Users)
5. Source: Gallup, Customer Engagement | What’s Your Engagement Ratio?
6. Conclusion #1: ENGAGEMENT will differentiate who survives – and who doesn’t.
20. Conclusion #8: We are approaching the second half of the chessboard and it doesn’t look like anywhere we’ve been before.
21. Who are all these people? IT Legal professional Risk/Liability Records Manager Focus Digital Archivist Business Process Owners Professionals Information Value Focus Business Analyst Knowledge Manager Information/Data Scientist Ent Information Manager Governance Focus Info/Data Stewards Ent Information Architect Social Focus Information Curators Community Managers Most roles from Deb Logan and Regina Casonata, Gartner
22. Blind Men and the Elephant, John Godfrey Saxe 23
23. Get certiﬁed today. $265 at Prometrics All the preparatory content is free. Embrace T-shaped skills. AIIM.org/certiﬁcation
24. Thank you. John F. Mancini President, AIIM @jmancini77 DigitalLandﬁll.org