Assisted Living PresentationPresentation Transcript
Assistance League of
Helping Children and Adults in
Assistance League of
• Assistance League is a national,
volunteer non-profit organization
that helps children and adults in need
through six community-based
• Operation School Bell
• Bears for Children
• Wee Help
• Shepherd Center Patient Support
• New Beginnings
• Links to Education
Proposed Use of Funds
Clothing to Children
• Operation School Bell provides new clothing and
uniforms to school children in need.
• Working with school counselors and social
agencies, in the 2008-2009 fiscal year,
Assistance League of Atlanta provided school
clothing to over 6,500 children in more than 175
• Studies show that an additional 200,000 children
in metro Atlanta are in need. Our goal is to clothe
additional school children to facilitate learning.
$451,209 Thrift Shop
19,650 Membership Dues
3,405 In-Kind Donations
18,386 Investment Return
Nearly 80 percent of Assistance League’s funding in
Atlanta comes from the sale of donated goods in
its Attic Treasures Thrift Shop.
Prior Charity Guild
• No Prior Funding from Charity Guild
$373,639 75% of total expense
Management and General
$17,154 3% of total expense
$96,002** 19% of total expense
** Includes Thrift Shop Expenses
• Assistance League of Atlanta, has 250 volunteer
members and no paid staff. Our building was paid
off within three years of construction.
• Assistance League of Atlanta consistently returns
over 75 percent of its income to the community.
• We draw strength from being part of a national
organization that has 26,000 volunteers in 122
cities across the country.
• Nationally, 1.2 million people are served each
year by Assistance League, including 270,000
children who receive school clothing through
Operation School Bell.
• Requests for help for children from social
workers and schools are at an all time high.
• With existing funding, we are limited as to the
scope of the support that we can provide area
• We are working to keep out thrift shop among the
best in the area to keep our income stream
• We look to grow our programs with being mindful
of space as our facility is at capacity.