You Don’t have to agree.
Isyour spouse doing what you
Demand a separate meeting with
Six Steps to Success
Know what you have, where it is & what it is!
Hint: Make a binder of important papers.
Items to include:
- birth and marriage certificates
- property deeds, vehicle title
- tax records
- medical records
- bank and credit card account
- college transcripts and diplomas
- wills, trust, and other legal papers
Create a Support Network
CPA, tax professional
Citigroup Inc. and its affiliates do not provide tax or legal advice. To the extent that this material or any attachment concerns tax
matters, it is not intended to be used and cannot be used by a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed
by law. Any such taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer’s particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
Set Your Goals
- Be Realistic
Put pen to paper
Review progress annually
- Go to Your Max - max out 401k's & IRA's
- Know Your Number!
Asset Allocation Plan*
Be a long-term investor
*Asset allocation does not ensure against loss
Expect the Unexpected
- Know your monthly expenses and create ICE
fund (in case of emergency) of 3 to 6 months
- Update or create your will, estate plan, and trusts
- Have an insurance update including life,
property, auto, medical, disability and long-term
*A policy change may incur fees and costs and may also require a medical exam.
- Communicate with your partner
Use a Financial Advisor
Use an Attorney
- Stay educated and informed
- Continue to update and assess goals
- Don't panic
Jody M. Hunke Jeanelle Lust
Financial Advisor Attorney
Financial Planning Associate 3800 VerMaas, Suite 200
1248 O Street, Suite 1100 Lincoln, NE 68502
Lincoln, NE 68508 402-475-7011