Texas STaR Chart Results Abilene High School Jaime Tindall
- What is the Texas STaR Chart?
- Purpose of the Texas STaR Chart?
- Abilene High School Results
What is the Texas STaR Chart?
- An online self assessment tool
- It measure campus’ & district technology integration across all curriculums
- Campus information may be assessed at:
- Assist teachers in determining professional development needs based on a current educational technology profile.
- Provide data that feeds into the Texas Campus STaR Chart so that more accurate school information is gained and documented.
- Determine funding priorities based on teacher and classroom needs.
- Provide data that can support the need for grants or other resources.
- Help conceptualize the campus or district vision of technology.
- Assist campuses in documenting the use of No Child Left Behind, Title II, Part D formula and discretionary funds.
- Source: http://starchart.esc12.net/docs/TxTSC.pdf
Four Key Areas Surveyed
- Educator Preparation and Development
- Leadership, Administration, Instructional Support
- Infrastructure for Technology
Teaching & Learning
- Patterns of Classroom Use
- Frequency/Design of Instructional Setting Using Digital Content
- Technology Applications (TA) TEKS Implementation
- Student Mastery of Technology Applications (TA) TEKS
Educator Preparation & Development
- Professional Development Experiences
- Models of Professional Development
- Capabilities of Educators
- Access to Professional Development
- Levels of Understanding and Patterns of Use
- Professional Development for Online Learning
Leadership, Administration & Instructional Support
- Communication and Collaboration
- Leadership and Support for Online Learning
Infrastructure for Technology
- Internet Access Connectivity Speed
- Other Classroom Technology
- Local Area Network Wide Area Network
- Distance Learning Capacity
Abilene High School
Abilene HS Teaching & Learning Results Early Technology 8 2006-2007 Developing Technology 10 2007-2008 Early Technology 8 2008-2009 Classification Total School Year
Abilene HS Educator Preparation & Development Developing Technology 10 2006-2007 Developing Technology 12 2007-2008 Developing Technology 12 2008-2009 Classification Total School Year
Abilene HS Leadership, Administration, Instructional Support Developing Technology 12 2006-2007 Developing Technology 14 2007-2008 Developing Technology 14 2008-2009 Classification Total School Year
Abilene HS Infrastructure for Technology Results Developing Technology 15 2006-2007 Developing Technology 12 2007-2008 Developing Technology 12 2008-2009 Classification Total School Year
Abilene HS Key Areas
Recommendations to reach Target Tech
- Increase staff development for teachers
- Each student receives a laptop
- Designate additional funds to increase technology
- Give teachers time to work with technology
- Have a technician on staff to help campus with technology needs