4. “*Many+ do not see librarians as educated professionals who play an active role in the academic community.” - “A Report of Findings From Six Focus Groups with K-12 Parents, Teachers, and Principals, as Well as Middle and High School Students” (AASL, 2003) “*Many+ tend to rely on their own image of school libraries and librarians from their youth.” - “A Report of Findings From Six Focus Groups with K-12 Parents, Teachers, and Principals, as Well as Middle and High School Students” (AASL, 2003) “Only 47% *of principals+ believe there is direct link between effective libraries and increased student achievement.” - “School Library Journal’s Survey or Principals” (Lau, 2002)Image attribution: http://bit.ly/tahkYW, http://bit.ly/vtubLa, http://bit.ly/PdAEW
5. Image attribution: http://bit.ly/uyHb02
6. Keep a “story file” and beready to share.
7. Write acolumnin yourPTA newsletter.
8. Hold a library open house_______ night.
9. Create amissionstatementfor your library.
10. Do more than just attendmeetings.
11. Provethat youknow aboutmore than books.
12. Collect and share dataabout your work.
13. Image attribution: http://bit.ly/sbFyl5
14. Invite schoolboard members,local politicians,reporters,community leaders, etcto visit your library.
15. Speak at local events: Ed sororities, PTA Councils,Chambers of Commerce,clubs and organizations.